Paintballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
Have you purchased your Angel yet?
If you haven't I'd suggest looking into an electronic cocker.

I visited P&P paintball today (nationally known for their custom jobs and paintball stuff) and spoke with one of the guys. He said that the autocockers, because of their patented closed-bolt system, fly straighter and further than angels and intimidators. Owning an autococker for 5 years I can tell you they are good guns.
I shot an E-cocker today and I can guarentee you the same ROF as any angel you get, and I don't know how much you planned to spend on your angel, but this was an E-Orracle cocker at about $1k.
I'd say the guy was just trying to suck me into money, but he told me that I'd be better off buying a stock '04 cocker and upgrading than buying a 1k angel/timmy.

Just food for thought. :)

The guy at P&P is a moron and should be shot. What he said has been disproven many times over. Jesus christ, I guess they higher stupid people even at highly held companies like P&P.

The fact is its all preference. Timmy's actually have a higher ROF because of WAS boards and such but the viking is the fatest marker on the market right now. I hear the new DM4's are pretty fast but I dun like the price.

Angels aren't the greatest guns, cockers are pretty good but will never be as fast as a true electro pneumatic operated marker.

Ultralights are nice but are 2 expensive for a non e-bladed cocker. And the best cocker out on the market right now is probabaly the Nexus E-blade. That is the shiznet.

anywho the closed bolt system has no affect on accuracy or flight distance. The only thing that determines accuracy is ball to bore match of the barrel. And higher Velocity and the Flatline are the only things which increase distance.

See I know that timmys and angels can get a higher ROF than a cocker but that really doesn't matter to me. E-blade cockers fire faster than I can pull (well, tap) the trigger.

And if your going to go so far as to call a professional airsmith a moron, I would appreciate listing some sources. (I'm not upset about it or anything, guy came across as an arrogant prick to me anyway, but you have to understand that based on the circumstances I am inclined to believe him over some stranger on a message board if there's no sources or proof.)

Lol true_orb i guess u should no all about that argueing with people on the internet for fun and all lol
and actually flying straighter has nothing to do with anything but the regulator and the barrel. So no a cocker does not neccecarly fly straighter which means more accurite depending on the level on the cocker.

Its physics. How can a ball defy the laws of physics simply because it is shot when the bolt is closed.

oh and check PBnation.com

Reliable info if you ask me

"Its physics. How can a ball defy the laws of physics simply because it is shot when the bolt is closed."

According to the guy it has to do with the momentum put on it with the bolt, as opposed to an angel with a very short bolt and travel distance.
The closed-bolt system could also provide a different method or consistency of pressure on the ball pushing it out.

Im not saying you are wrong but there is more to it than that.

But closed bolt means the bolt stop before the ball is fired. There is no momentum on the ball since the bolt when comming to a closed position than stops and fires the ball. Same with an open bolt, it stops, moves the ball forward, fires the ball. The ball does not get much momentum from either movement.

Also, it has been proven that Autocockers do not make the ball more accurate or give it more distance. This has been discussed many times and proven wrong many times. Please search PBNation.com and you will find countless threads on this.

Well frankly I think I will just let it be and not try to convince anyone of anything. It's not worth it to me, since I am gonna buy an autococker regardless. Thanks for the info though, at least now I know there's more than one side to that argument.

There's a lot more that affects ball accuracy than ball to bore ratios and muzzle velocity.. air temp, humidity, air viscosity, etc. Closed-bolt (real closed bolt action, which very few pball guns that claim to have it, actually do) does affect accuracy in a big way. (just because you can't see the ball fly straighter doesn't mean it isn't) Take for example the Japanese automatic rifle used during WWII, it fired from an open bolt position and it sucked. Compare it to the Browning automatic rifle that the USA used, (which was closed bolt when clip fed) and there was no contest. Not that accuracy with the paintball guns you're talking about matters anyway because people who use angels and cockers always change their electro-super-double-hype-tricked-thingy-grip-frame to full auto during a game anyway. I prefer skill, and with such, I have eliminated many paintballers who thought they were top-shit because they spent thousands of dollars on a gun. My weapon of choice?? A pistol, a slingshot or my hand (no one can imagine what fun it is to watch an angel-toting pballer walk off the field after I silently stalked close enough to him to slap a paintball on his back with my bare hand). When I am assigned to be the squad S.A.W., I like to use my Armotech Sim-4, otherwise it's usually just a pistol or two for me. All you need is skill, everything else fades into the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom