Packing question........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Ok, I just sold an old ati video card on ebay. I've got a packing question though. The card came stock in a dell computer I bought, so there's no box for it. What's the best way to ship the card as far as safely packing it?

It depends on what type of provisions you want. What Sw1tch said will work, but it is damaged in shipping you won't get any insurance.

Newspaper isn't an acceptal form of packing material for FedEx, UPS or DHL. You've gotta use packing peanuts or some other form of packaging that will not alter form when wet.

But for the most part newspaper works just fine. But if you do use it you NEED that antistatic bag because newspaper generates a lot of static.

Good ideas guys. One problem though, I don't have any anti-static bags. :/ I've called all around town and nobody has any. What should I do?

go to a computer shop. they should have tons. check with a friend who has done recent upgrades. All there parts would have come in bags.

Thanks guys. Fortunately I dug around in my work area and found not one, but two anti-static bags. LOL Don't remember where they came from, but hey..............worked out perfectly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom