Packing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow is right ^^.... all i have to say is... thank god for canada's gun law's.. cause this topic is freakin me out lol..

Dude, defending and killing are two different things, that's why the different words. You can defend "what is yours" by shooting in the leg, not head (first of course try to solve the situation by talking). That won't make you a tree-hugging-commie-liberalist-hippie, if that's what you're worried about.

So your way to fix up problems in society is killing people. Very clever. Yeah, who needs prisons, when we can just shoot the criminals. That'll save us a few bucks. Now if we just could get rid of their funerals too, what a waste of money that is...

Have you ever killed anyone? I'd guess no, cause I believe you might have a conscience after all. That killing would be likely to bother you for the rest of your life. On the other hand, if you've killed people before and still have this attitude, then congratulations, Angel of Death, well done. Who needs a god now, when we got you.

Wow, man. Just wow.

Sorry for having a boggled mind, I'm glad yours is so open. :tounge:

So by "real life" you mean "ready to kill (or be killed) other people in cold blood". If that's real life, then no, I don't wanna be exposed to it.

"Wouldn't be free?" What's that supposed to mean? A country is "free" as long as people are allowed to kill each other? Right. Look, the world is full of countries that are free (by which I mean that people are quite free to do anything they want as long as they're not hurting other people), but luckily guns and attitudes like yours are not as common in those countries as in "free" America.

It all goes back to what I said in the first place. They made the decision to harm(or kill) me or my family, and they will deal with the consequences, and that is death. And ya, "talking" is not always the way to diffuse a situation. Everybody judges other people by how they judge themselves. It's the only real basis of comparison we have. If I make a decision that I want to hurt somebody, then somebody is going to get hurt. no amount of talking will ever change that. In society, there are some people that don't belong. They either need to remove themselves, or be removed. These people are generally the ones that can't abide by the moral and legal guidelines that society has set forth. You are right, the one person I shot did not die. He walks with a permanant limp and lacks the physical capacity to father kids. I was under 18 at the time, and he assaulted my sister in my house. The court ruled self defense. Looking back, my only regret is that my shot maimed him. I should have aimed for the head. It was at that point that my resolve was set, and trust me, it will not waiver. I never said at any point that I was a god, don't confuse the subject. As for an open mind and dealing with real life, you obviously have not experienced what I have. I will approach every new experience with an open mind, but I tend to make it up pretty quick, and I rely on past experience quite a bit. Free as in free to live with the right to defend oneself. This is not a bad attitude, merely one of responsibility. You can not claim responsibility if you fail to defend the very righteous ideals of choice, honesty, duty, and liberty. In an uncertain world, precaution must always be taken. It's like the old saying, Pray for peace, but prepare for war. I wish I didn't have to worry about anyone attacking for any reason. I can't control other people. I can only control myself, and I choose to defend myself. Do note, that this is a reactionary stance. I do not walk out of my apartment every morning wanting to shoot a fellow being, only wanting to go about my business.

Sorry to hear about the shooting incident.

I'm not gonna repeat the same things I posted earlier, obviously you don't get my points and I don't get yours. You seem to think defending is same thing as killing, to me they are two different things. But I'd still like to know one thing:

Looking back, my only regret is that my shot maimed him. I should have aimed for the head.

What good would that have done? Obviously you and your sister were in no danger after you shot him in the leg. And I don't think you were pondering about the tax money at the moment.

Sorry to hear about the shooting incident.

I'm not gonna repeat the same things I posted earlier, obviously you don't get my points and I don't get yours. You seem to think defending is same thing as killing, to me they are two different things. But I'd still like to know one thing:

What good would that have done? Obviously you and your sister were in no danger after you shot him in the leg. And I don't think you were pondering about the tax money at the moment.

IMO, as a responsible citizen, maiming him only placed a larger burden on our welfare system. Maiming a person is a cruelty that should not be, period. I believe in a swift, decisive, humane solution. If you are going to shoot, shoot to kill and kill quickly. Course, I also feel that way when hunting. That, to me, is the ultimate responsibility of owning a gun.

We agree to disagree, but I want to ask you one last question: Why are you so liberal?

But if you shoot them in the head..don't drop the soap

when i was down in orlando at the gun range....
I set the target at this one spot they have marked on the range which is the average firing distance of a shootout. Out of the 15 shot clip I had... 13 hit the target right in the face. 2 strayed off and hit either the throat or ear. I was using a Beretta 92F.

And when I put the target to as far as possbile away from me.... Which I think was 75 feet. out of a 10 round clip only 8 rounds landed on the target body with all body shots. And that was with a Glock 19.

But anyways shooting a gun is fun. Once you shoot a gun in a controlled enviroment you respect the power that the gun can hold. It can end the life of someone in an instant. But if they are threatening bodily harm to me or my family, you can expect me to put a bullet into this subject.

But im not 21 yet.. SO i cannot do anything.. And in NY pistol permits are pretty rare because the judges just dont want to issue them like they use to anymore.... And getting a concealed permit is almost impossible unless you either are/were a cop.

Anyway this whole subject is kind of off lol.....
You should use this...
brain-intro.gif

Before you use this...
m-9_pistol.jpg

I can garuentee almost any of us (sane) individuals would experience symptoms of PTSD after a stressful incident such as a confrontation. YOU SAY now that you will "shoot to kill" and that you would shoot someone to defend your family.. I would say the same.. to protect my loved ones.. BUT you are under no where near the stress... YOU WILL be different when faced with such a situation..you will not know how to react.... Your heart rate will go through the roof, you will get tunnel vision and your thoughts will become jumbled. I am currently enrolled in a Law Enforcement progarm with ambitions of becoming an RCMP officer.. when confronted with such a stressful situation you lose the ability to use your fine motorskills (i.e. closing one eye to aim a pistol, pulling the trigger even, and toggling the saftey..) So enough with the shooting to kill stuff and lets get back on topic..

@Kubel Just remember that if a time ever happens when you are say.. stopped by police, or they have reasonalbe and probable grounds to search you, and they notice or have suspicion that you have a concealed weapon you will most likely be treated much differently than if you were unarmed..

You people are ****ing rediculous. Why in gods name would you want to carry a gun around? ****, It's not like I got enough things in my pants already and unless I get a holster, theres no way in **** that i'm putting a ******n gun down my pants.

If it fuels your ego and makes you feel like a badass miami vice cop don johnson wannabe than by all means, risk getting your **** blown off!

...Just remember that if a time ever happens when you are say.. stopped by police, or they have reasonalbe and probable grounds to search you, and they notice or have suspicion that you have a concealed weapon you will most likely be treated much differently than if you were unarmed..

Nebraska law states "If you are a permit holder carrying a concealed handgun and are officially contacted by any peace officer or emergency services personnel, you must immediately inform the peace officer or emergency service personnel of the concealed handgun unless you are physically unable to do so. These individuals have the right to determine whether it is necessary to secure the handgun during the contact for the safety of any person."

I'm sure most other states require this as well.

...It's not like I got enough things in my pants already and unless I get a holster, theres no way in **** that i'm putting a ******n gun down my pants...

There are other ways to carry a weapon concealed. It doesn't have to be in your pants.

Although that reminds me of a story my high school basketball coach told us. I don't remember the whole story, but it was something about a guy trying to show off to his girl, and pulled a sawed off shotgun out of his pants. I don't remember how it happened, but somehow the trigger got pulled as he was pulling it out. I'll give you one guess what got shot off. Coaches moral of the story "Don't show off or you could shoot your d*** off."

Anyway this whole subject is kind of off lol.....
You should use this...
brain-intro.gif

Before you use this...
m-9_pistol.jpg

I can garuentee almost any of us (sane) individuals would experience symptoms of PTSD after a stressful incident such as a confrontation. YOU SAY now that you will "shoot to kill" and that you would shoot someone to defend your family.. I would say the same.. to protect my loved ones.. BUT you are under no where near the stress... YOU WILL be different when faced with such a situation..you will not know how to react.... Your heart rate will go through the roof, you will get tunnel vision and your thoughts will become jumbled. I am currently enrolled in a Law Enforcement progarm with ambitions of becoming an RCMP officer.. when confronted with such a stressful situation you lose the ability to use your fine motorskills (i.e. closing one eye to aim a pistol, pulling the trigger even, and toggling the saftey..) So enough with the shooting to kill stuff and lets get back on topic..

@Kubel Just remember that if a time ever happens when you are say.. stopped by police, or they have reasonalbe and probable grounds to search you, and they notice or have suspicion that you have a concealed weapon you will most likely be treated much differently than if you were unarmed..

I agree, use your brain, but there will always be a situation, somewhere, that you will have to act to save your life.

As for safely carrying a firearm, there are a number of rigs that would allow you too without blowing your twig and berries off.

for PTSD, I dunno. I doubt I have it, at least I don't think I show the symptoms, but I haven't and will never go to a psychiatrist. I don't believe in them.

Switch, it's not about feeling badass, it's about feeling secure and peace of mind. When I carry in the open, I don't look for a fight, I really don't want one. So far, thankfully, I haven't had to draw since that incident with my sister.

In kansas, if I am ever approached by an officer, I have to inform them that I am carrying and provide proof of liscense. Failure to do so results in confiscation of said firearm, fine, and maybe jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom