Packing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an issue of money &/|| masculinity, it's more of whether or not that person will stop. I've absorbed a lot of voltage, and no paltry less than lethal civilian stun gun is going to stop me. Police tasers do a fine job, but civilians cant have that, at least not in Oklahoma and Kansas.

Like I said, I was speaking theoretically. Laws can be changed. So let's melt all the guns and get police tasers or what ever are effective enough (shouldn't be a problem to a moder technology) to all those who feel insecure. But somehow I doubt this is gonna happen...

If im going to shoot, I shoot to kill, not maim.

No, if you made the decision to harm me or my family, then a permanant solution is required. A .45 slug to the head is about fitting. Granted that is my opinion, and I am not saying that your solution doesn't have merit in some cases, but the majority of cases require something a little more final. IMO, it all boils down to consequences for your actions, and owning up to the responsibility. A choice was made, and it forced my hand. Pretty cut and dry to me.

Now this "angel of death" attitude is something that is beyond my understanding. Ok, let's assume a stranger invades your house in the middle of the night. You hear a window breaking, go downstairs and see a man with a knife in his hand, screaming "I'm gonna cut you all up good!". Your choice is to execute him instantly? Why not to shoot him in the arm or the leg, immobilizing him? This way he'll end up in jail, paying for his actions. And you don't end up being a judge who will have the right to live or die. Cause to me it sounds you just want to revenge really badly whoever dares to threaten you or your family. Revenge by ending someone's life. Don't you think this is a "little bit" too harsh? Besides, you probably wouldn't know the background of the intruder, he just might be a mental patient who run out of medication or something.

I plan to go to college and Med School where I definitely can't have a weapon.
But as soon as I move to SC after education I plan to carry a weapon everywhere, I never want to be in a Situatuion where I can't protect myself and my family.

Also I plan to have 9-10 rifles/shotguns and 3-4 pistols in my house for hunting and home defense.

This is the gun I will buy when I turn 18. Show Product Details

1. You wont need 15 guns Haahah
2. you have to be 21 to have a weapon licence

Another thing that makes me laugh..

you all think your real tough guys saying..''i shoot to kill'' and ''ill kill anyone who comes into my house''

1. Most have you probobly havent ever shot a gun
2. what if your gun jams? are any of you actually strong enough to actually fight someone

Also, if you kill someone..thats going to be on your conceince for the rest of your life....plus, that persons family will most likely take you to court

How bout thinking before you all act like tough guys....now there are a few people on here that do have a Rational approach to this whole gun idea, but to all those arne't...Get over yourself

*Also, when you apply for a weapon license, you have to give a reason on why you want such a privilege - ''personal protection'' isn't good enough...you either have to have been threatened or be transporting a substantial amount of goods or cash''

If it was as easy as pie to get a license, EVERYONE would have one...its a lot harder than most of you think....

Another thing that makes me laugh..

you all think your real tough guys saying..''i shoot to kill'' and ''ill kill anyone who comes into my house''

1. Most have you probobly havent ever shot a gun
2. what if your gun jams? are any of you actually strong enough to actually fight someone

Also, if you kill someone..thats going to be on your conceince for the rest of your life....plus, that persons family will most likely take you to court

How bout thinking before you all act like tough guys....now there are a few people on here that do have a Rational approach to this whole gun idea, but to all those arne't...Get over yourself

*Also, when you apply for a weapon license, you have to give a reason on why you want such a privilege - ''personal protection'' isn't good enough...you either have to have been threatened or be transporting a substantial amount of goods or cash''

If it was as easy as pie to get a license, EVERYONE would have one...its a lot harder than most of you think....

Haven't shot a gun? Think before you speak, because you are an idiot. Im not a bleeding heart liberal, frankly, I don't give a rats about their past. If they are mental, then I would be doing society and taxpayers a favor. I would be doing their family a favor. Strong enough to fight, again, your an idiot.6'2" and 280 lbs, im a big ol boy and been in my fair share of fights.
Finally, all states are different, and I do not have to have a liscense to own a gun, unless it's conceal carry or fully automatic. This ignorance has just confirmed in my mind how much you really don't know on the subject.

Lotex,

Why would I want to shoot to maim when my taxes would be paying for his hospital and his prison stay. The prison system is way over taxed as it is, it doesn't need more of a strain. This goes back to the bleeding heart liberalism. Society has been attempting both solutions for centuries (hugging vs killing), and though a decent medium needs to be struck, no real amount of hugging has ever solved a problem. You have to roll up your sleeves and take care of business. Angel of Death...no, more like defending what is mine. America wouldn't be free with out somebody with an attitude like mine.

Your mind is bogled, and I frankly have no idea how you can have such a bleeding heart. Apperently you have not been exposed to real life.

Like I said, Im not talking about anybody specific, and my statment wansnt aimed at anybody specific, just the overall feeling of the conversation was boghus..

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." ~James Earl Jones
(I like that quote from Darth Vader) :)

Though I believe while your gun is drawn you should try to talk the situation down. Just a thought that is floating around my head. Anyone here actually been mugged or anything like that? Though I believe you should be able to own a gun if you want, I have never felt the need to carry one. I try to avoid places around town and times of day as to evade any potential situation. I understand though if you are economically stuck in a part of town, then that is your only choice, and maybe you should carry a weapon or some other means of defending yourself.

Also I agree with this recommendation I read earlier.
Glock 33 .357 SIG ($500)
Or if you want to do it old school ==> old skool

Normally I would agree- sometimes we think "whats the point", but generally when you are faced with a deadly situation, it's your basic instinct to defend yourself. There will always be bad guys. And bad guys have a wide choice of instruments to do good guys harm. Not all bad guys have guns. Many have knives. And even if we both had guns, I would rather be the second guy with a gun than the guy with no gun. Until we see absolute peace, I feel more comfortable with the idea of carrying than not. I'm sure everyone has heard the phrase, "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".

Some of the advantages of concealed carrying: The 'bad guy' doesn't know your packing. 'Good guys' don't know your packing (no need to freak out people and get 'man-with-a-gun' calls). An alternative to concealed-carry (aside from not carrying at all) is "open-carry". It's perfectly legal here in Michigan, and no permit is required, but it's not common. And because it's not common, people aren't really comfortable seeing a guy walking around with a pistol on his person.

Anyway, I was considering the .38 special snub because of it's size, it's ease of use in a stressful situation (point and click), and its cost. It's sort of like a "if it's not broke don't fix it" weapon. Anyway, these were my top choices:

Rossi R35102 .38 SPECIAL +P ($300)
Rossi R46102 .357 MAGNUM ($300)
Glock 33 .357 SIG ($500)
I'm sorry that I like life and don't exactly enjoy getting shot at.

If someone was pointing a gun at me, I would ****ing freeze and give them what they want. Self-Defense instinct by taking out your own gun? whatever. If he's already drawn, I don't care who the **** you are, you're not fast enough to take your firearm out, **** it, aim it, and fire. You have to do at least 4 steps, he has to do one: pull the trigger. Regardless if I was armed, I would do anything as long as I live.

Also, with all this self-defense crap, wouldn't the other person's self defense instincts reciprocate yours if you were armed? If he sees you take out a firearm, ******nit you're gonna get shot!

I'm sorry that I like life and don't exactly enjoy getting shot at.

If someone was pointing a gun at me, I would ****ing freeze and give them what they want. Self-Defense instinct by taking out your own gun? whatever. If he's already drawn, I don't care who the **** you are, you're not fast enough to take your firearm out, **** it, aim it, and fire. You have to do at least 4 steps, he has to do one: pull the trigger. Regardless if I was armed, I would do anything as long as I live.

Also, with all this self-defense crap, wouldn't the other person's self defense instincts reciprocate yours if you were armed? If he sees you take out a firearm, ******nit you're gonna get shot!

Then you use COMMON sense and DON'T take out the firearm. >_> Simple problem -- even simpler solution. Idiots shouldn't carry or else they'll get hurt or even killed. Therefore, nature fixes itself by getting rid of the stupid people on it's own. Best case scenario, the mugger and the idiot blow each other's heads off. Two birds with one stone. YAY!

However! Too much government intervention = not a good thing.

Like I said, Im not talking about anybody specific, and my statment wansnt aimed at anybody specific, just the overall feeling of the conversation was boghus..

I want to issue a formal apology for cutting out like that. That was extremely immature of me. It doesn't change my beliefs, but I should have found a more tactful way of going about it.

Lotex,

Why would I want to shoot to maim when my taxes would be paying for his hospital and his prison stay. The prison system is way over taxed as it is, it doesn't need more of a strain. This goes back to the bleeding heart liberalism. Society has been attempting both solutions for centuries (hugging vs killing), and though a decent medium needs to be struck, no real amount of hugging has ever solved a problem. You have to roll up your sleeves and take care of business. Angel of Death...no, more like defending what is mine.

Dude, defending and killing are two different things, that's why the different words. You can defend "what is yours" by shooting in the leg, not head (first of course try to solve the situation by talking). That won't make you a tree-hugging-commie-liberalist-hippie, if that's what you're worried about.

So your way to fix up problems in society is killing people. Very clever. Yeah, who needs prisons, when we can just shoot the criminals. That'll save us a few bucks. Now if we just could get rid of their funerals too, what a waste of money that is...

Have you ever killed anyone? I'd guess no, cause I believe you might have a conscience after all. That killing would be likely to bother you for the rest of your life. On the other hand, if you've killed people before and still have this attitude, then congratulations, Angel of Death, well done. Who needs a god now, when we got you.

Your mind is bogled, and I frankly have no idea how you can have such a bleeding heart. Apperently you have not been exposed to real life.

America wouldn't be free with out somebody with an attitude like mine.

Wow, man. Just wow.

Sorry for having a boggled mind, I'm glad yours is so open. :tounge:

So by "real life" you mean "ready to kill (or be killed) other people in cold blood". If that's real life, then no, I don't wanna be exposed to it.

"Wouldn't be free?" What's that supposed to mean? A country is "free" as long as people are allowed to kill each other? Right. Look, the world is full of countries that are free (by which I mean that people are quite free to do anything they want as long as they're not hurting other people), but luckily guns and attitudes like yours are not as common in those countries as in "free" America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom