Osiris needs your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I completely changed the Spyware Guide, it's now 100 pages :eek: I know, I know, sounds like a lot but I have added screenshots of almost all the program installations and also added some extra issue fixes that I have noticed over the past few months that several users had. So let me know what you think, good, bad, etc. I'm trying to make this as user friendly as possible from Novice to Pro's and easy to understand.:D

File size is 4MB, Microsoft Word Document

http://tech-dump.com/Spyware_Guide/Tech-Dump_Spyware_Removal_Guide.doc

I can see everything just fine.

My suggestion would be to implement a Table of Contents. For that amount of info a ToC would be very helpful. Turning it into a PDF would help too.

Other than that it looks awesome. Very newbie friendly :).

I just scanned through it for the past 15 minutes. I'll read through it more thoroughly and see if there's anything else I can find.

Osiris - call this one the advanced / indepth guide and this one can be called the complete guide, when it get's to 300 pages forward it on to O'rilly an see if you can get a publishing deal or something mate.

i looked through it briefly and really was impressed.

also saxon i do not see a notepad saying hi! on my desktop!!!!

i'm waiting for it :)

It's a nice compilation Osiris. Sure it took a long time.

Couple of very little things. scale the images a little smaller? multiple columns? There's a lot of wasted space with LARGE screen shots. I understand that you want to make it user friendly... but, screen shots of a language selection and things like this are just a little step into a "Screen Shot" bonanza.

And, I'll second cvb's idea... something that large should really have a TOC

Agreed with the ToC idea. I also agree with Doc's idea about a lot of wasted space on the screenshots...quite a bit of white areas in spots.

Overall very nice, Osiris!

Knowing which document reader if not Adobe would help. In word pad you won't see any screen shots but merely the symbols used in coding their format.

A pdf file would be the preferred since Adobe and other readers like SumatraPDF would readily open it up and display everything with the option of moving through each of the pages with the arror keys simplifying things for the novice. Pdf format and a table of contents for various things are two key items to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom