Original Music. Any musicians out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
I have been playing guitar, piano, saxaphone, and singing since I was about 6 years old. My musical style has changed over the years, but I have always been a big fan of solos and my guitar habits reflect this. However, lately I have been working on Electronica, Trance, Techno, and Dubstep instead of my normal Rock~ish genre. I wanted to share one of my newer songs with you, and ask that if you are a musician to share as well, or just comment on this page as to whether you like it or not.

I looked around in the rules and such, and didn't see anything against Mediafire, or Youtube, so I will post a Mediafire link to the song. I will post a youtube link if there is something wrong with the Mediafire version, but YouTube has a bad habit of ruining the quality of my music and it's slightly annoying.

If you are a musician of any kind, please share some of your work with me. Perhaps we could learn something from each other, or just enjoy the music!

Please do not distribute or replicate this file in any way without my permission.
Ketchup - Twisted

EDIT: This song was made with Adobe Audition, and FLstudio9. I use custom VSTs made with Vanguard|TI, and TrancePro. I occasionally play with Reason, or Cubase, but I much prefer FLstudio as I am very familiar with the program, and it seems more intuitive to me.

I play piano, and drums. Well i have tried a lot of instruments, but those are the two that i like. I don't record anything though. I have never taken lessons for piano, i can just play it. Drums i took 3 years of lessons though.

Thats a pretty cool song, how did you make it? i have always been interested in doing stuff like that.

I've started drums (and did some lessons but haven't really finished it since the school I went to closed down lol). I :heart: the drums a lot but I also want to learn guitar (acoustic at first...love how it sounds). Never really recorded anything though, still trying and learning, got the hang of drumming but just can't play whole songs yet lol.

i had played an alto sax in like... 3rd or 4th grade (i don't remember), with my elementary school's band.

the year prior to that, i went to a little concert thing because my cousin was in the band and there was a performance where this guy did a solo act and he played the pink panther song on the sax, and when i saw that, i thought that was like the coolest shiz ever lol, thats why i picked it up.

i have since completely forgotten how to play it but i still have a bunch of music sheets.

nowadays, this is my instrument of choice :D
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/guitar-ps2.jpg
been playing it for around a year and i'm still fairly whack at it.

your song sounds pretty good though. im not a huge fan of that genre but i like it and the actual song sounds pretty well made. nice job :).

^ +1 lol, same here :grin:

I played the piano for about 11 years, just stopped recently. Practicing every morning again and again just got too monotonous :p

Also played guitar (no official lessons) for about a year or two, but I stopped that about 2-3 years ago. I've just started trying to get back into that again though. Nice job with the song btw :)

I decided to upload a new song for you. Some of you said you weren't huge fans of Dubstep, or Electronica which is sort of what Twisted was. The song I uploaded this time is more of a rock tune, and still created with the same program.

Let me know what you think!

Please do not distribute or replicate this file in any way without my permission.

Ketchup - Journey of the Magic Tomato

EDIT: I thought I'd tell you a bit about my guitar experience.

I started playing guitar at a young age, but I really got in to it as a way to escape from reality in my early highschool years when I found out some harsh news about my father. My dad had plead guilty to first degree murder, and I took out my frustrations on the 6 string electric.

I played everywhere I could, and I was in a few bands throughout highschool, but my guitar playing hit an all time high when I moved to florida and won my first finger picking contest at a small shop near Crystal River. I started looking for more competitions, and just places to play after that. I won 6 competitions total, and I was even hired at a Bar to play lead guitar for a little southern Blues-Rock band when I was 19. I wasn't even carded ;)

Long story short, I learned a lot about the guitar and music from my experiences, and now I make music primarily with programs such as Adobe Audition and FLstudio9. I try to keep myself well rounded by creating Blues, Rock, Hip Hop, Jazz, Electronica, Dubstep, Trance, Techno, and any other genre I come across. I am not professional in any sense of the word, but hopefully someone out there enjoys this stuff half as much as I enjoy making it.

about 10 years ago, i discovered music mods which involves building music with a computer. At the time, they were calling it music tracking. I was never good at it. probably becasue i didnt research it too well. They used to post their source files openly, but now i can rarely find source files. Anyways, here's two sites that are still up:

MODPlug Central | Free Music Software and Search Portal | Tracker, Player, Plugin | MODPlug Central

Trax In Space : Home

edit - most ppl are prolly on myspace and facebook now though

My main instruments are guitar and trumpet. I've been writing music for years now, and I'm only now starting to get into a position to pick up some recording equipment and stop using a desktop mic...eeew bad sound quality.

I actually just recorded a really crappy lo-fi 12-string acoustic cover of Hey Ya yesterday, rofl. So funny you should post this.

Actually, you posted this around the same time I recorded it...CREEPY. o__O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom