Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I am getting a new 32gb ipod touch and want the engraving on the back to be something funny. I have a secret passion for famous quotes and latin gone through my list of latin quotes and found some quite good ones but can't decide; (please vote for your favourite)

1.Brevior saltare cvm deformibus mulieribus est vita - Life is too short to dance with ugly women

2.Certamen bikini-suicidus-disci mox coepit? - Does the Bikini-Suicide-Frisbee match start soon?

3.Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis - I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream

4.Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? - Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

5.Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum - Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe

6.Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos! - You infernal machine! Give me a beverage or give me my money back!

7.Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus - Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

8.Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare - I think some people in togas are plotting against me

9.Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Was going to use this one but doesn't fit :(
Brevior saltare cvm deformibus mulieribus est vita sed Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem! - Life is too short to dance with ugly women but the devil made me do it

just make up your own

I made this one up or rather improved on one I found

Brevior saltare cvm deformibus mulieribus est vita sed Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem! - Life is too short to dance with ugly women but the devil made me do it

I am not poetic enough to come up with one truly of my own

Make sure those will fit. I've got a touch and the area in which it was engraved was very limited.

Yessum I have already checked a couple on the online tool 5,6,7 are the only ones that didn't quite fit so I will need to do some dictionary work to try and shorten it but keep the basic meaning intact

in umquam vita aliquantulus must cado.

ut in carcer , nunquam occumbo soap.

si quam primum vos operor non successio , mons montis escendo est non vobis.

is est melior habeo diligo quod lost quam ut exsisto matrimonium ut a rabidus mulier

virga quod calx mos effrego meus artus tamen verbero quod vinculum suscito mihi

ut in carcer , nunquam occumbo soap. - lol thats good

The last 3 didn't work particularly well in the quick online translator something about; It is better to of loved and lost then to marry a raging woman....

The very last one I assume to mean sticks and stones will break my bones........ But it came up with;
a green twig and the heel will break my limbs nothwithstanding to lash and tie to stir up me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom