Opening A Neighborhood Computer Repair shop? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2018, 05:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Opening A Neighborhood Computer Repair shop?

I agree with what you said

Old 10-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Skype™ to danhodge
Default Re: Opening A Neighborhood Computer Repair shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey065z View Post
What gets me is that the Windows users treat Linux users like they are dumb. They are the ones who are clueless. They have users with easy passwords. This can lead to privilege escalation. Worse they'll have the guest account enabled. Lets not forget easy and common passwords that were used in rockyou or Ashley Madison. They use the internet on the admin account. All kinds of bonehead moves. I have never had any hackers. My system only crashed twice a few years ago. I deleted the binary file for the updater and made the HUD not executable!! That's it no more crashes. Viruses? simple just give all home folders 0750 permissions and change the DIR_MODE to 0750 on /etc/user.conf. Lastly, don't go on internet on admin account(especially with email!!).
It's a bit silly calling all Windows users clueless... I've used a lot of Ubuntu in various forms, for my old PC, for laptops too old to run any decent Windows OS, and at uni to do ROS programming. But the rest of the time, i use windows 7 still. I'm careful about what i do, so i don't get viruses, and it's just easier to use. I understand that, once you learn more about Linux systems, they become significantly easier, but I don't have the time or energy to learn.
And i'm a programmer. My grandma still can't use Windows, the idea of her trying to learn Linux is hilarious