Open Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I'm doing a research assignment on open source code... but its also an opinion like piece... and I'm actually against the open source code... you can ask me why if you want.... but heres my question...: where can I find an article on open source code, doesn't matter if its against or for it... and maybe something that has to do with microsofts perspective on things. Does anybody know of an article or articles like this in their findings?

Mostly because money is a big factor. But you wouldn't happen to know of any articles would you?

ZeroShade said:
Mostly because money is a big factor. But you wouldn't happen to know of any articles would you?

Uhh... what? So you're saying its a BAD thing that millions of developers can develop software much faster, and then distribute it for free? What part had anything to do with money?

m3trj said:
The problem with open source is that it doesn't use a real development methodology. Basically any open source project is a huge hack. While this works for some things, most of the time open source projects fail.

Yet, somehow these "hack" softwares run 60% of the internet, and are a million times more stable than Windows. Strange, isn't it?

Oh, and did I say that it's free? ;)

The General said:
Yet, somehow these "hack" softwares run 60% of the internet, and are a million times more stable that Windows. Strange, isn't it?

Oh, and did I say that it's free? ;)

:D :D :D

Yeah I said it works for some things. Linux works pretty **** good, for instance. I myself am a Linux user. But there are a lot more projects that have just flopped miserably.

Let's not turn this into a Windows vs Linux thread.

I'm saying that as a developer, I would like to make money off of my programs. If the code got out that I wouldn't make all that much money. This is what Microsoft is doing... its my own opinion... theres no need to badger me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom