Oops, i hit a motorcyclist today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally just aim for cyclists...lol.

Lucky too be off the hook - I ran into the back of a guy a while ago and he never bothered to make a claim, often people dont if its really small.

technically if there's not a police report he can't prove that it was you that did it and thus you don't have to pay him... but that's a scheisty thing to do.

I've seen this time and time again. On scene both parties agree not to contact police or insurance and instead they will arrange to have the party at fault to pay for the damages.

99% of the time the party at fault forgets about this agreement and the party affected always ends up getting screwed.

Moral of the story: If you want your damage fixed, get a police report and submit a claim to the insurance company. Resolution by party never goes as planned.

Just a quick question, but when you say you rolled into him, was he in front of or behind you? If he was behind you and you rolled back into him, its actually HIS fault for stopping too close to you.

I was hit not too long ago by a drunk driver doing 70mph down a 45mph road. I was nearly killed but just a foot and a half. I could have very easily been smeared across the pavement. If you had to ask yes i'm alright and back to normal but my bike is sitting in the earth somewhere - instead of me!

Bike paint especially if it's custom can be exorbitant in cost.

Just a quick question, but when you say you rolled into him, was he in front of or behind you? If he was behind you and you rolled back into him, its actually HIS fault for stopping too close to you.

Exactly if it were just a minor rollback, everyone does it in a standard vechicle that *coughs* can't drive. :) Therefore, making it the bikers fault.

But, if he came from Grandma's house and hit him, it's most likely going to be a different story. Sometimes you get around the rules of being hit from behind or side is not your fault.

Eh, i drive a standard and roll back sometimes on large hills. If you are so close to me that i roll back and hit you, then it IS your fault for being a tailgating ***-hat. Its not like i roll back 2-3 feet. But someone rolling 6 inches on a big hill isnt uncommon.

i know what your talking about.

my dads vette (05 Z51) has a 6 speed manual. and it's hard for me to launch going up a hill without stalling or rolling back behind some body and that would suck if i rolled back in to some body :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom