Only took 6 years but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
if OT posts would count, my post number would be through the roof!

i might not be so active now, but when I was prime-time on here back in high school in 2005 and 2006, and a little in 2007 when i moved up to Seattle, oh man...

Those were the golden day's with b0dge, Mikesgroovin, HAVOC, (the artist formerly known as) Harper, Nubius, Talldude (OMG), Hickfarm, Juicedaddy, The-Major, Warez Monster, Shumway (totally silent bob), there's a few that i'm forgetting, but yeah...you get the idea. I know that there's a few people here who would remember all these people, especially the ToV vets.

I even remember the end of that, i like to think i ruined the experience :p
I reckon i'd be on at least 5500 if OT counted towards Post Count.

This is why TF should adopt the Britains age old voting and political system, tech forums should have seperate parties which are voted in to power every 6 months, and each party offers its own manifesto and policies, tech forums wants change ? tech forums gets change ! :D I get the feeling it would conflict with tech-forums stand on politics, however.

We dropped OT from post count as newcomers perceive post count as experience most of the time. Having a full time OT participant posting up a joke instead of help is taken as an honest suggestion if the post count is very high (been there and saw that). Now, however, only posts outside of OT (and Intros) count toward post count so post count is a slightly better gage of member usefulness.

We have experimented with letting members vote for mods. It worked semi-well. We now let members nominate themselves or others whenever we post a call for new mods. The actual voting on the candidates are done by the staff as we all consider who fits with the overall vision for Tech-Forums. I have said it before and I will say it again... attitude is one of the most important things we look for when looking for mods.

@Tox, you may have just now only hit 1000 but you have been a part of the community for a long time. We're all glad you decided to hang around.

Those were the golden day's with b0dge, Mikesgroovin, HAVOC, (the artist formerly known as) Harper, Nubius, Talldude (OMG), Hickfarm, Juicedaddy, The-Major, Warez Monster, Shumway (totally silent bob), there's a few that i'm forgetting, but yeah...you get the idea. I know that there's a few people here who would remember all these people, especially the ToV vets.

Ah, the good ol' days. I remember all those guys, good times.

@Tox, you may have just now only hit 1000 but you have been a part of the community for a long time. We're all glad you decided to hang around.

I may have a leave of absence for a couple of months, but somehow I always seem to find myself coming back.

Yea, those days were extremely fun :p
Who was that dude that we busted on that one site for asking how he could please his girlfriend by swallowing his own "stuff"? LOL I forget the dude's name but, man.... at least post under a different username or something....

Whoa @ last post. Mike is alive? I miss Nubius and Shumway... :'( Anyone hear from them, or major?

Hey man :) Yea, I poke in every now and again. I hardly get time to post though due to work.

I miss those 3 folks as well :) The last time that I talked to Nubius was when I was in Seattle. Actually, come to think of it, I believe it is the same for all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom