Only in Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To OD from smoking it you would have to smoke nearly 800lbs in roughly 15 minutes or less. I had to write a research paper on it once....

Not as far as I know. If you were just eating cannabis itself it would not be readily metabolised. I'd be more concerned with the fact the brownies were a year old.

When you're cooking with cannabis it needs to be at the correct temperature and cooked with high fat products, usually butter/oil (ingredients in alot of browny mixes) this is because the THC bonds to the fats in the butter/oil at the correct temperature.

An "overdose" of cannabis isnt usually fatal as one would assume, it usually just results in feeling very nauseous and going an off colour, usually referred to as "popping a whitey". And it is extremely easy to overdose on spacecakes because of the rate of metabolism. When eaten it usually takes up to an hour to digest and have affects, people often eat one cake and after a short while they think "uh, i cant feel anything, ill have another" at this point the first cake is kicking in and then shortly after the second cake will have an effect and usually lead to an "overdose"

So yes, it is very easy to overdose on spacecakes.

EDIT: Also, cannabis can become more potent when left for a long period, and the freezer would have preserved the brownies quite nicely, even if it was for a year :)

Lol, well sure if you're talking about the literal meaning of the word 'overdose'. If I eat too many cookies and go over my daily recommended sugar intake, then I'm 'overdosing' on sugar/cookies. Suddenly sounds a heck of a lot worse...

The implication/connotation when someone mentions an 'overdose' is a fatal overdose or at least coming close to death. As Overlord said, the amount you'd need for that is staggering/impossible.

Its easy to ingest enough to get ill, but the human body is incapable of ingesting enough to kill you unless you swallow it and like choke. HAHA I would laugh.

The implication/connotation when someone mentions an 'overdose' is a fatal overdose or at least coming close to death. As Overlord said, the amount you'd need for that is staggering/impossible.

Maybe so, but the term "overdose" was used loosely on my behalf, and when speaking in terms of cannabis it is regularly used instead of "popping a whitey". Either way, this was not the initial argument. Maybe I used terminology you don't agree with, however, the point still stands; it is easy to pop when ingesting cannabis.

Yha I think he was referring to them being taken to hospital, suffering and shaking, etc
Even if I get super drunk that ain't happening. I.e, this situation was way over exaggerated. Hence his comment.
/hasfollwedentirethread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom