One of my snakes just died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats wondeful!

You have to keep them warm all year long, I keep all my tanks at around 88 on the hot side and 78 on the cool side. Do that and you shouldnt have this happen again.

That's awesome dude! So he's not dead afterall.

Sweet. ^.^

I don't know much about snakes, but wow...35 years old? That's cool!

Snakes Fatal Disease

My 7 year old Red-Tail boa just died of a mysterious muscle disease problem. the back half of it started to get really hard, almost like a rock, and it couldnt move that part of its body. it could still feel though.

it was very sad... I have no idea what caused it. it was my only snake, isolated, so it couldnt have been from another snake. I just stopped eating one day, and slowly got worse from there, until a month later it died. i was even force feeding it and took it to several vets. no one could tell me what was wrong.

Im really really worried now, I just got a new snake, and just in case i put it in a brand new encloser with all new stuff, in case it was a virus or somthing, I heard alot about Inclusion body disease but this snake did not stargaze or have mouthrot or sneeze or anything, its bones just got hard, and its muscles stiffened up. it could barelly move right before it died. I read above that "this disease is transferable to humans" and now im REALLY Worried. What disease is it, how does it transfer, and how can i know if im infected? How can i protect my new snake?

i dont have any info for you, sorry try searching on google under "snake muscle disease" or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom