One of my many ponderments today (may be a little insane,I'm at work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Alright, here's what i was thinking.

You know that paper's made from glucose chains, and that sometimes you get hungry at work, but don't want to take a break to go get something from the machine?

Anyway, i saw somebody eat paper the other day, and got to thinking that flavored paper would be a cool idea, and it would be something that would still work for its intended purpose, but serve a second if not printed on.

Here are the benefits :

1) Productivity increases, because hungry workers can stay in their cubicle longer.

2) It's got more nutritional value than cheesy poofs, because it comes from a tree, and

3) It serves a dual purpose, so why not?

Well, i can't feel my foot anymore, so that's where i'm gonna leave it.

:question: What is a cubicle and is it better or worse than sharing half an office with the storeroom?:question:

Dude...:amazed:

Anyhow, it's interesting...but there would have to be a large amount of process involved in ensuring that the paper doesn't get sticky over time. If our paper usage is using too many trees now, then imagine what happens when office paper starts having expiry dates? :rolleyes:

Additionally, there's one HUGE problem with the otherwise quite interesting idea: COST!!! It would be far too expensive...throwing out all that potential food (since the paper would be made with various flavorings and it would have to be processed better)...it would be more cost effective to use our current moderately cheap paper and cheap snacks.

Unfortunetly, the more important and required snacking innovations which I think we require are less exciting things such as healthier snack foods...chips with less fats and salts, and what not.

That's really thinking outside the box though :D

how would it be recycled again

"Natural Body processes"... that's all i need to say

That's really thinking outside the box though

Man have you smoked yourself stupid?

That's what work study tends to do over time.

leave it to the scientists, they'll figure it out

Come to think of it, all those sheets would be using the same principle as freeze-dried astronaut food(tang, the freeze-dried strawberries / ice cream). I guess if you did that without freeze-drying them, they'd be pretty dang messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom