One billion PCs by the end of 2008...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys not have computer/electronics recycling in your area? I do the same thing with some older models, but we always load the outdated parts in a truck and haul them off to be recycled.

Not as many as we'ed like. It depends on the council.
Since I am going out to folks place this week end, I am loading up the car with a few dead relics and monitors and taking to the tip that is just down the road from where I used to live.

Boss is insisting that I keep every thing. However my production area as a series of relics around it. I will keep the Motherboards with CPUs, Ram and Optical Drives But if it's any thing less that a 1Ghz and not all ready in a complete and working system, it goes.

Boss is always complaining that my service area is a mess.
And then he complains that I am throwing out what could be a working computer.

It seems that 3 billion have a mobile, 1 billion have a pc, 300 million have Internet e.t.c. I expected more Pcs to be honest!

I currently have a pc, Internet, but no mobile! It broke down yesterday, I have to save up to buy firstly the cheapest I can (39 euros about 55$) because I am addicted to it and then a good one. The problem is I spent all my money on some purchasions I made this week including a good headset (30 euros, a digital Camera 7.1mpx with 1gbyte stick 199 euros and some new clothes about 100 euros) I now only have 7 euros left, because I spent all my money left and I don't how to afford a new phone. The problem is I can't ask my parents to buy me a new one, cause they give me 140 euros a month but I pay my own bills such as Internet, mobile etc.

I find that the average house hold as at least 2 PC now day. Normally one for the parents and one for the kids.

The kids normally get their parents old relics. It's kinda scarey, I do remember having lot of goods times of my very first computer for about 8 years with hardly any upgrades.

Now days, a year does not go by with out me upgrading at least the CPU or GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom