OMG what HAPPENED to TF?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So riddle me this apok.

Where are all you're problems here at TF? What section is the most heavily moderated? Where are most of the issues that arise?

What forum do you have over 150,000 views?

hmm?

I'll give you a clue. It's not supposed to be a "technology only" forum (Section). It's supposed to be... "____________".

Interestingly enough people enjoy this section. They need a section of the forum were they don't have to be limited to Technology.

What is this section that is so popular, yet has so many issues? Certainly if this is a Technology Only Forum, there isn't a need for this section.

And if for some reason this section is left in existance, it's because someone feels that it's needed. but, if there are so many problems in this section, why keep it?

Why are there so many problems in "THIS" section?

So riddle me this apok.

Where are all you're problems here at tech forums? What section is the most heavily moderated? Where are most of the issues that arise?

What forum do you have over 150,000 views?

hmm?

I'll give you a clue. It's not supposed to be a "technology only" forum (Section). It's supposed to be... "____________".

Interestingly enough people enjoy this section. They need a section of the forum were they don't have to be limited to Technology.

What is this section that is so popular, yet has so many issues? Certainly if this is a Technology Only Forum, there isn't a need for this section.

And if for some reason this section is left in existance, it's because someone feels that it's needed. but, if there are so many problems in this section, why keep it?

Why are there so many problems in "THIS" section?
OT exists, because people are going to post off-topic threads. We'd rather not have them in the other forums. It doesn't change the primary purpose of the forum.

*edit*
Believe it or not, but the removal of OT is actually being considered.

That's a really good way of killing a forum community.
yeah, I'm against the removal of OT.
Forums need a community. In order for that to happen, we're going to need a place to post off-topic.

But again, the fact that we have an off-topic section still doesn't change the purpose of the forum, or the reasons for the rules.

what discussion. it seems like any opinion will be deleted because theyre not facts. in my opinion this forum has turned into a forum perfect for 10 year olds. i guess times have changed a year ago this forum was fun to hang out and have discussions about anything and everything now its just get your tech support and get out.

that would be because it appears it is populated by people determined to act like 10 year olds whom throw tantrums at every conceivable thing if they don't get their way. that's about as blunt as it gets. why the big fuss? it's a forum. we're not nazis. i think the rules are more than reasonable expectations of behaviour.

Havoc, i've always had a lot of respect for you but i find it quite insulting that you either fail to see or choose to ignore the fact that regardless of ownership this forum is a forum above all else. we the moderators are not unpaid workers for Larry. we're volunteers for the forum. the main reason i bother is because tech-forums has provided enough positive reasons for me to feel it is worthy of being maintained, not out of charity toward Larry. i'm sure the others feel the same and don't appreciate the growing number of people determined to undermine the community on this forum. just because you disagree with some practices of the site does not invalidate it's usefulness.

despite the fact this thread is being used to further undermine the forum it is still left open. why? because we're not aiming to be the "fourth reich" and would rather this be sorted out.

Nitestick, perhaps you didn't read all of my posts or perhaps you did but missed a few things. I beleive I did say, "Volunteer a few times". Charity was merely a question towards apok, not the whole mod team.

I also said, "I agree with what is being done here at TF".

I"m not trying to undermind the forum with this thread. I'm speaking my mind and my opinion, something that is stated in "DAVE'S" address and rules of Offtopic. I do think it's beneficial to the members to understand where i'm coming from in an intelligent fashion. I'm not saying, "TF sucks".

I'm simply laying out a different point of view then a mod of TF would obviously have.

You are insulted that I have an opinion or that I don't share the same opinion that you have? Well, I do share the opinion that you have about respecting me, because I certainly respect you and will continue to respect you. I realize that this is a forum regardless of ownership. But, it's because of the ownership and the will of the ownership that this forum exists and is maintained. I commend you for your loyalty to TF. Whatever your reasons are for volunteering are your reasons.

I don't disagree with the practices of the site, I've said a few times that I agree with the way it's being run. I just have different opinions on the justifications of what TF is and what it should be.

This whole amtter is getting too hot. I think everyone needs to step back and take a breather.

The look of TF has changed, and it will change some more soon.

The rules of TF have not changed, but there is now a quicker, easier to discipline those who break those rules.

TF is privately owned, and as such it has the rules set down by its ownership.

Anything outside of those ^^^ doesn't really matter to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom