OMG, Mona Lisa in MS Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood what's so cool about the mona lisa. When I look at the painting, I see no skill, no art, and instead just a piece of crap. I know tons of kids at my school who can draw better than that.
But not in Paint!:laughing:

I never understood what's so cool about the mona lisa. When I look at the painting, I see no skill, no art, and instead just a piece of crap. I know tons of kids at my school who can draw better than that.
"better"? what in the world does "better" mean in art? that's just a ridiculous thing to say.

one thing you have to understand about art is that it's like beauty....it's in the eye of the beholder. some find the mona lisa very impressive and especially intriguing (i recommend you read up on the story behind the painting and the theories of who the "woman" is) and others find it dismal and boring, like you.

same reason why some people enjoy country music and others despise it. it's about personal tastes and what touches you (even if it's havoc's mom).

also, art isn't all about being able to skillfully paint something. it's the combination of emotion, skill, thoughtfulness, etc. that makes an excellent piece of art. bands don't normally make music by all playing as fast and loudly as they can. music is made through emotion, control, precision, thoughtfulness, etc., etc., etc. similarly, you usually don't paint a picture solely by making it as realistic as you can. there's some sort of emotion or meaning behind the image....THAT is what makes it art lots of times. i really can't explain it any further. you either get it or you don't.

"better"? what in the world does "better" mean in art? that's just a ridiculous thing to say.

one thing you have to understand about art is that it's like beauty....it's in the eye of the beholder. some find the mona lisa very impressive and especially intriguing (i recommend you read up on the story behind the painting and the theories of who the "woman" is) and others find it dismal and boring, like you.

same reason why some people enjoy country music and others despise it. it's about personal tastes and what touches you (even if it's havoc's mom).

also, art isn't all about being able to skillfully paint something. it's the combination of emotion, skill, thoughtfulness, etc. that makes an excellent piece of art. bands don't normally make music by all playing as fast and loudly as they can. music is made through emotion, control, precision, thoughtfulness, etc., etc., etc. similarly, you usually don't paint a picture solely by making it as realistic as you can. there's some sort of emotion or meaning behind the image....THAT is what makes it art lots of times. i really can't explain it any further. you either get it or you don't.

That's what everyone says but who gives a crap about emotion? Everyone has emotions and no one cares. If I scribble on a piece of paper to "express myself" will you give me a million dollars for it? I'm serious dude, there are people who scribble and get serious cash, and that's just stupid. Leonardo had no skill with a brush. He made some pretty filthy inventions in the mechanical chapter, but as far as paint of canvas goes, that is a piece of crap. Anyone can draw "emotion" on a paper, and no one would care. I don't understand why people care about this one.

Lol... Who gives a crap about emotion? haha, what are we living for without emotion? (Women can't live without it, but they also can't seem to live with it. If you're not in a serious relationship yet, you're in for a rollercoaster lol.)

Art is amazing. We as humans have the ability to feel and express, and this is truely a gift. Take an art class, you learn some wild stuff. I love to draw, it very rarely has emotion in it, but after taking drawing in college, I've learned to make my work much stronger and more powerful.

Art is truely powerful. And it can be in found in everything. We are sometimes just so desensitized to it that we completely block it out.

The Mona Lisa is a mystery. I believe its both male and female, like the theory. There are a number of huge clues into how its evident, such as the landscapes being at different levels on each side etc.

Why would DaVinci do such a thing? Because we are all made of both masculine and femine energies. This is his little joke, hense the smirk and her rather ugly excuse as a "woman"

That's what everyone says but who gives a crap about emotion? Everyone has emotions and no one cares. If I scribble on a piece of paper to "express myself" will you give me a million dollars for it? I'm serious dude, there are people who scribble and get serious cash, and that's just stupid. Leonardo had no skill with a brush. He made some pretty filthy inventions in the mechanical chapter, but as far as paint of canvas goes, that is a piece of crap. Anyone can draw "emotion" on a paper, and no one would care. I don't understand why people care about this one.

you're not a very smart kid, are you?

You also don't realize the history behind it, and the mystery of it. The fact that its a work of LEONARDO DAVINCI is pretty amazing in and of itself. I mean... it's history. You probably can't comprehend "1507" I mean, thats 500 years. It's not like the guy died the other day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom