OMG!!! Akira live action movie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killians45

Fully Optimized
Those who know of the classic anime (never watched much, but LOVE Akira) they are now in the works of a LIVE ACTION Akira movie!! They have the script almost done and are looking for director, etc. Will be VERY expensive. I cant WAIT to see this happen! Do a google for Akira Live Action.

Oh, and it will be a Warner Bros film. Robinson rumored to be director. Oh, and yes this was announced and canceled a few years ago but it's back on!

Personally would like to see some thing that much closer to the books, or at least some thing continuing where the orginal movie finished off.

The orignal animated movie only covered the 1/3 of the books.

will this be with caucasian or western actors? I hope not, lol. Really, certain cinematics and storylines only play off well where they originate.

if you want a sampling of what I'm referring to, look up the movie Casshern. I would say that's a close match to translating anime/manga to live action cinematography and doint it well....not horrible and cheesy like Matrix. :D

I'm still waiting for them to produce the American remake of Battle Royale...lol. I wanna see how much different they're gonna make it.

Akira was the only manga film I enjoyed if the film is anything like the carton I will like it.

The other problem that I have with Akira is that will western viewers understand it. Sure, Akira was the movie that paved the way for companyies like Manga Video, AniMego and ADV Films to release anime in the west back in the early 90's. However there was a lot of people that were complaining at the end of the film "What the **** was that all on about?" Like i will confess that it took me a second viewing of Akira to finally understand. It was not until I read the books (the dark horse comic release, not the chopped up Epic release) that where i finally found an appreation for the movie.

I'm still waiting for them to produce the American remake of Battle Royale...lol. I wanna see how much different they're gonna make it.

The Ring....
The Grudge.....
Pulse.....

I am getting a little sick and tired of hollywood remaking these asian films as they are bit of a hit or miss (saddly the latter).
I know that Tobey Maguire (Spider-Man) is trying to produce a live action Robotech. Not sure what to think there. If it was Micheal Bay doing this film, I would be excited about it. Plus there is that live action Neon Genesis Evegelion live action movie that they keep talking about. (shudder)
James Cameron is finally making a move on with Battle Angel Alita which will be out in June 2009. I am looking forward to that one. I am looking forward to that one.

At the end of the day, when it comes down to western remakes, it really come down to who they get to direct it. Like if they can get Quentin Tarantino to direct it, then it might actually be rather good. But most of the time they are just getting these unknowns or new directors.

Hollywood always ruins any asian films. Thats why i like the subbed versions of chinese movies rather than hollywood trying to redo them. Kung fu hustle, anything by jackie chan, etc.

I really cant see an akira movie happening unless its 90% cgi just because of the amount of unreal stuff required.

i cant wait for the Dragon Ball Z movie this summer!!!!

im a huge DBZ/GT fan!

/sarcasm

too bad the movie has a higher chance of bombing........the director is the Final Destination guy.

EDIT:

really i am a huge DBZ/GT fan n i dont want to see the movie because i know it has a higher chance of failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom