OMG!!! Akira live action movie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most movies that are derived from video games and cartoon shows suck because Hollywood simply doesn't understand the medium. Anime is far different from the shoot em ups that most westerners are used to and when you get a western director to translate the Anime to live action it tends to loose all its substance.

2 new American/Western remakes of Asian horror films:

The Eye (chinese)
One Missed Call (japanese)

not sure how they did these but I have the Eye. If anyone has not seen it yet, you should buy or rent the Eye, chinese version. Lee Sinje, lovely and beautiful actress. The effects in it are creepy and just right. Hollywood might over do it.

Angelica Lee Sin Je | Hong Kong Movie World biography, filmography, photos

site for Casshern and trailer in case anyone wanted to see ;)

CASSHERN

1 missed call looks HORRIBLE. Sad to hear that it was once an asian film, but it does lend more support to my theory that hollywood hasnt had an original idea in years.

they would fail miserably at any attempt to make a neon genesis: evangelion live action movie. period.

i watch a ton of anime and personally, even though it'd be cool if it worked, i'd rather anyone avoid ever trying to make em live-action films.

of course if by some miracle it turns out great that'd be pretty cool. Akira was great. Theres no way a westernized version would work at all though. I'm with atomic tofu XD

i'll have to check out those movies btw XD

edit~ and i've seen the previews for one missed call here. no thanks XD i won't even download this version.

here's ya go, hehe

The Guyver with Mark Hamill!!! :p
Guyver (1991)
if you have time out of your busy day, check the trailer for it, hee...hee

Jimmie Walker too!!! Dy-NO-mite!

here's ya go, hehe

The Guyver with Mark Hamill!!! :p
Guyver (1991)
if you have time out of your busy day, check the trailer for it, hee...hee

Jimmie Walker too!!! Dy-NO-mite!

Thank you. i was trying to forget that one.
Don't forget that there was Guyver II : Dark Heroe. That show was in small improvement on the first. But that is not saying much.

Speaking of horrible monster suit movies, apparently theres a new godzilla movie that came out where its like all of the old school man in suit characters and a very familiar CGI godzilla. Guess which one wins.

Still, I hope that maybe, just maybe they will stick close with the original. The Director was someone who did a lot of strange short films, and Irish fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom