Oldest Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A laptop? When did that thing come out? Looks more like the first computer that took up less that 2 sqaure feet! :D

It's actually a portable PC, not a laptop. We just call them laptops now because they're in that category of portable pc thingies.

uzi9mm, does yours have the 64k memory upgrade chip?

I wouldent know. Ive looked to see how to open it I dont see any screws to open it. Also it does not work. Im getting INVALID SYSTEM DISK. I wish I could play Wheel of Fortune and Top Gun in those green colors again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You think you know computers , you have no idea until you play some Wheel of fortune on your Compaq Portable II with the green screen. :)

Try inserting disk, waiting for prompt, and typing "RUN"...

:freak:

Looking back at yer picture...I bet you don't have the 2bit mono PC speaker. PONG never sounded better!

My oldest computer isn't very old. 800mhz, 128mb ram, 10 gig hdd... I got it in 99...

i'm such a n00b.. haha

ShoobieRat said:
Try inserting disk, waiting for prompt, and typing "RUN"..
Looking back at yer picture...I bet you don't have the 2bit mono PC speaker. PONG never sounded better!

Thats not my picture. I just ripped that of the internet. Mine is a slightly
different color in the front. DARK GREY. And the one I had had the disk drives mounted horizontal not vertical. It is in my garage somewhere. But last time I checked it said invalid system disk and the disk drives were empty.

That's 'cause you don't have a disk in the drive. You gotta install the program!!! Listen to Kiptin-Kirk and insert the microdisk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom