Old Technology That People Still Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Here I am waiting for the bus this week. And i see this guy walking up the street carrying some thing. Mind you, it was twight at the time.

So it got me thinking :-
"Oh, a desk top pc"
Looks again....
"No, don't think so. Don't see any obvious PC ports there. VCR Maybe...."

Guys getting closer....
"No, it not a VCR....."

Guy is walking right pass me....
"O.M.G.WT.F! An electronic TypeWriter! When was the last time I saw one of them!" :eek:

I did not release that people still used these things.

BTW, for those people that have no idea what a type writer is, look here.

we used to have one way back in the day, have long since gotten rid of it........I still use the ever popular "wheel" thats old technology right :p

Many people in my area are hicks, and still use Windows 95 on their 486s. I know because they come into Office Depot all the time wanting new printers and DVD burners for these dinosaurs, and walk away dissapointed when I tell them they won't work on their system.

My Grandad still has a mechanical typewriter. It's very very aincient, but it works great.

technogoly wise: Commodor 64 :)

VERY ANCIENT in technogy days since tech. seems to be improving faster than our lives can accept that fact.... so C 64's release date is like.... 3000000 years of our regular life right??

That things AWESOME!! :) lol

Harper said:

I did not release that people still used these things.

Got a 70ish year old lady in the office who would only give up her typewriter if you pried it from her cold dead fingers.
...Considering how long she retains anything I tell her about the general use computer, its for the best.

Ive got 3 clients that still use typewriters, hey, it works

takes alot less time to insert a form into a typewriter and type what you want than using a PC on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom