old and new

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish

Baseband Member
how much faster is your current computer than the oldest you've ever used?

:D

my current one is 3200+ (2.0 Ghz)
my first one was a 166Mhz (or was it 133..) Intel pentium II i believe

fish said:
how much faster is your current computer than the oldest you've ever used?
Ummmmm....... that is the MHz on an APPLE IIe?
That was the first computer that I ever used.

Otherwise, first computer that I owned (Like it was not my Dad's Computer), that was a Pentium 100, I am currently kicking a AMD Athlon Xp 2600. Therefore 26 times more powerful.

diabloII said:
:D

my current one is 3200+ (2.0 Ghz)
my first one was a 166Mhz (or was it 133..) Intel pentium II i believe
P-II did not go that low.

Oh wow Harper...an Apple IIe! (BTW, a blazing 1Mhz 65c02).

Let's see...MY first computer was a Mac LC II which ran at a blazing 25Mhz...and my current PowerMac G4 runs at 1Ghz...big jump there...

(In case you were wondering, the first computer I EVER USED also ran at 25Mhz, so the gap is the same)

Re: Re: old and new

Harper said:
P-II did not go that low.

oh yea, i was thinking about my PII 200Mhz

well i dunno what it was..but it was either 133 or 166Mhz

that was my dad's computer as well

my first computer was an Athlon XP 2000+

sooo... 1.1 times faster

PI 90mhz.....with 500meg hdd and win98 that took up about 300meg of it..LOL!!! boy but if u had it configured right it would it fly!

First computer i used that i know the specs of ran at 550Mhz, my 2nd computer ran at 1000mhz (AMD Duron), my current machine runs at 2250Mhz (AMD) So ummm..... lets see this is about a 3.2Ghz pentium equiv compared to a .55Ghz pentium...... 6 times faster i think?

Can't remember what it was called but it was a Texas Instruments. A black and silver thingy that was all one unit (guts, keyboard, drives all one piece). The disks were these big cartridge things, sort of like nintendo cartridges. Some of you probably know the machine I'm referring to. No idea what the speed was though.

I remember playing "Hunt the Wumpus" all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom