Ok, need help with some Xbox 360 HD Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
Alright so I bought a 22" Gateway monitor (), and I love it. Just one problem, I guess I wasnt thinking and now I have no sound on my 360. . I hooked up the HD cables and realized I didnt have any composite cables. I knew they were on the 24" one and I thought they were on the 22" ones.

Ok, so is there any way I can get my sound to work on my 360 without going through the monitor without any composite cables. PLEASE help me.

Link to my monitor: http://accessories.gateway.com/Acces...dDetail?seg=hm

What are you trying to hook the sound into? By the looks of it, the monitor doesn't have any speakers.

The standard HD pack for the 360 has component out for video, which is what I am guessing you are using. It then has both standard stereo audio connections or an optical out for digital audio.

You need to take one of the audio connections and run it to something else, a receiver or something.

I think I am somewhat confused on what you are trying to do.

Get the VGA adapter.

By the way...

Component:
180px-Component_video_RCA.jpg

Composite:
180px-Composite.jpg

VGA:
vga.jpg

DVI:
dvi_connector600.jpg

HDMI:
monster-hdmi-web.jpg

From now on, refer to them by their names, not "HD" unless it ends in "MI" and you are refering to HDMI.

Also, there is no "HD Audio" ... there is optical (or TOSLINK ;)) and stereo RCA.

The General said:
From now on, refer to them by their names, not "HD" unless it ends in "MI" and you are refering to HDMI.

Because the only interface not capable of running "HD" that I listed there is the composite.

DVI, VGA, Component, HDMI ... all do "HD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom