Oh great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i have an appointment at the dmv next monday to get my learners permit so i can start driving, and we were getting all the paperwork ready, we have everything except the one needed most: my birth certificate. we have checked the entire house, and called my grandparents to see if they got mixed in with my moms death certificate paperwork and stuff, and they checked, and nothing.

so i have 7 days to get my papers. I was born in california, and yes I am a legal citizen, i have my ssid card, i just need to get my birth certificate. ideas?

Your local health department (or whatever you whackos in Cali call it) can print you a new one. I think it cost me $7 for one here in TN.

I just wanted to say....and I hope everyone tells young people they know too...

please drive safely

as a young person, many don't like to hear those words but I hope it doesn't fly by you. I turned on the news today and heard of 4 kids, 18-20 who died in a car accident. Those in my state will probably know by description but I'm sure such things happen regularly all over.

4 teen boys or young men if you will...raced down an airstrip, their car flipped and got split it half when it hit a tree.

good luck, and be safe

Here in kentucky you have to go to a building near the state capital to get one printed, they don't allow the hospitals to print them out if one has been lost...

Here in MN you can contact the hospital and get a copy. I think it costs a few bucks but whatever. I had to get my birth certificate and my ss card when I got my permit. Both had been lost or misplaced by that point as I recall. I think they'll usually let you present several different forms of ID, see if there is one listed as s substitute for your birth certificate, like a school ID or something. They'll have a few different categories for you to choose from. Or maybe the rules are different in Cali.

you need your ssid card and another form of id like a passport, birth certificate, etc...something that says you are a valid us citizen. yeah we checked the house again and nothing, do you think saint mary's hospitial might be able to get it for me ? its the closest hospital to here, id much rather go local than have to drive all the way down to upland to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom