Official Academy Awards Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
Okay so the Academy Awards start in a little over an hour, and I will update this thread accordingly as to when anyone wins. Until then, what is everyone's predictions on who is going to win what?

Winner of Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz for Vicky Christina Barcelona.
I'm not sure about this one, I would have ultimately been satisfied if any of the others won, but not her.
Winner of Best Original Screenplay Dustin Lance Black - Milk
I don't have much to say about this one because I haven't seen Milk.
Winner of Best Adapted Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
I agree with this one, the screenplay to Slumdog was phenominal.
Winner of Best Animated Feature: Wall-E
Seriously, who didn't see this one coming?
Winner of Best Animated Short Feature: La Maison en Petits Cubes
No idea, has anyone seen any of these?
Winner of Best Art Direction: Curious Case of Benjamon Button
This is probably the one one of the nominees that really stood out, so yeah this seems like a logical pick.
Winner of Best Costume Design: The Dutchess
Haven't seen it, what do the people think who saw this movie?
Winner of Best Makeup: Curious Case of Benjamon Button
This was a toss-up, all three nominees were outstanding.
Winner of Best Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire
Definitely my choice.
Winner of Short Film: Spielzeugland
Haven't seen any of them.
Winner of Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
Who didn't see this coming? I don't necessarily think he deserves it over everyone else, but I'm not going to complain.
Winner of Best Documentary Feature: Man on Wire
I don't watch documentaries.
Winner of Best Documentary Short: Smile Pinki
I don't watch documentary shorts either.
Winner of Best Achievement in Visual Effects: Curious Case of Benjamon Button
This really had no competition.
Winner of Best Achievement in Sound Editing: The Dark Knight
I didn't expect this one, I thought either Slumdog or Wall-E would have taken this.
Winner of Best Achievement in Sound Mixing: Slumdog Millionaire
Oh yeah.
Winner of Best Achievement in Film Editing: Slumdog Millionaire
Again, oh yeah.
Winner of Best Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score): Slumdog Millionaire
Yet again, oh yeah.
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song): Slumdog Millionaire
Disappointed that Bruce Springsteen didn't get nominated for the Wrestler, but oh well. Another for Slumdog (6).
Winner of Best foreign language film of the year: Departures (Japan)
Haven't seen any of the nominated films.
Winner of Best Achievement in Directing: Danny Boyle
7th for Slumdog. Danny Boyle finally gets the credit he deserves by the Academy. Brilliant director finally gets his due. This is really giving me hope for the Oscars again.
Winner of Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Winslet in The Reader
Winner of Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Sean Penn in Milk
Arguably the biggest upset of the night, this was stolen from Mickey Rourke.

Winner of Best Movie: Slumdog Millionaire Pretty much a sweep by Slumdog Millionaire, and it deserved at least every award it got.

When the news showed the awards highlights this morning, I saw Heath Ledger's made up face of the Joker up on the big screen, and thought "Hey, Mak(213) won an Academy Award !!" :p

When the news showed the awards highlights this morning, I saw Heath Ledger's made up face of the Joker up on the big screen, and thought "Hey, Mak(213) won an Academy Award !!" :p
haha...seriously though, every time I saw that pic I pictured Mak's AV :laughing:

He totally deserved that win as he was by far the best of the nominees. Here is a breakdown of Yahoo! users and critics
<table class="nominees postshow" summary="Best Supporting Actor EXPERT PICK" id="nominee-5"><tbody><tr class="th"><th class="category">Best Supporting Actor</th> <th class="pick">
</th> <th class="count">Y! Users</th> </tr> <tr> <td class="f"><label for="choice_5_1">Josh Brolin - Milk </label> </td> <td class="s">
</td> <td class="pick" id="result_5_1">3%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f"><label for="choice_5_2">Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder </label> </td> <td class="s">
</td> <td class="pick" id="result_5_2">8%</td> </tr> <tr class="winner"> <td class="f"><label for="choice_5_3">Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight<cite>[ EXPERT PICK ]</cite> </label> </td> <td class="s">
</td> <td class="pick winning" id="result_5_3">84%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f"><label for="choice_5_4">Michael Shannon - Revolutionary Road </label> </td> <td class="s">
</td> <td class="pick" id="result_5_4">2%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f"><label for="choice_5_5">Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt </label> </td> <td class="s">
</td> <td class="pick" id="result_5_5">4%</td></tr></tbody></table>
Pretty much a landslide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom