Off-topic car audio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
I have a question about car audio speakers. I have 180 and 250 watt speakers. They sound great, but at loud volumes (with alot of bass), the rear speakers don't handle the bass very well (you know what I mean) but do just find at low to moderate levels. The radio is stock and no amp is installed. My question is, is this problem due to the stock radio, no amp or the limitations of the speakers? Thanks.

probably the limitation's of the speaker's AMP's all way's help maybe get better speaker's in it and put 1 or 2 amp's in it and see what happens

Most likely the car doesnt even have an amp. Very few vehicles come with amplified systems. The stock head unit and speakers in most cars are really pretty craptacular.

Weak head units when pushed too hard will start to distort heavily, as will weak speakers.

What veedub said.

Some systems come with an amp, like the premium bose in our 2003 altima but most are just basic speakers and head unit. You can keep the stock head unit, and with an adapter add a four channel amp with some good two or three way speakers and get a nice boost in sound.

Decent head units are pretty cheap these days. Luckily my car has the monsoon system which comes with better speakers and an amp. More than enough for me as my giant speaker on wheels days are long behind me.

If you want to get rid of the distortion you need buy a new head unit and replace the speakers for start.

If you think your gonna throw an amp at them later make sure you buy a set of speakers that can handle some extra wattage.

They are new speakers, i've replaced the stock ones already. The front speakers are 3-way 180 watt and the rear speakers are 3-way 250 watt. They are very nice speakers. So would you suggest a new head unit or an amp first? Thanks for all the feedback.

The speakers arent getting enough power.

You can keep the stock headunit, and just get a signal adapter and an amp or you can get a new headunit and amp.

Thanks, since I do not know a whole lot about amps, what should I look for in one? Can you suggest any, also? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom