Nvision 2008 San Jose California

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Huge conference put on by nvidia in San Jose.

It features all kinds of things including a 3 day lan and tons of other stuff.

Heres some pics of what I've done today.

My garbage car. It's certainly roomy tho...

They dyed the fountain green for the event. And put up that big banner/vinyl.

News van.

The line to get in.

Lets play where's aspire!

Glowing water, yum...

Nvidia bus!!!

Anyways I'm competing in the guiness world record attempt which is 36 hours of straight gaming over the network.

I'll get some pics of the sponsor areas in a little while once they open them up in 30 minutes.

Stay tuned for more pics and infos.

Well, I finished the Guiness World Record.

36 hours of gaming straight with 200 other people.

Got a grand total of 4 hours of sleep over the course of about 2 days.

Ill have a huge update for all you guys soon which will include an appearance by the mythbusters, pics of the inside of the lan, some pics of sponsor booths, and some hot booth babes.

Stay Tuned

Got a few questions as I've never been to a lan like this and would have to trave close to 250 miles to get to one.

Entrance cost
was there an LCD size limit?
How was security? could you just leave your stuff there and go to a hotel?
Was there prizes for getting like first in TF2 a few times or how do the prizes work?

Max lcd size was 30" for a single seat. Up to 4X" with two seats.

Security for this lan was excellent though it does sometimes vary. There were security guards at all entrances to the BYOC area and you needed a ticket to get in. They also labeled tower/lcd with a barcode that matched your ticket id and would not allow you out unless they matched.

There were tournaments for several games with some pretty sweet prizes.

Security at lans is pretty good usually and I'm sure this was top of the line for this one. But I have heard horror stories before of people coming back and missing there cpu's or a few sticks of ram or one of the SLI'd cards...
I think it was a joke, but last time I went to a lan, some kid told me one time he left his comp overnight and went too a hotel and came back and they took the case, and left everything else sitting on the table, LOL.

If someone touched my comp like that.... oh gawd, I better not find out... Murder at a lan...You can steal my pron through DC++, you can even steal my anime and torrents... but if you try to steal my hardware... **** is going down -_-

Zomg, did you win anything aspire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom