not a political thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion its not about remembering them, its an underhanded political agenda to make people think about 9/11 again, because when they think about 9/11 they get scared and angry, which greatly increases the political authority of certain people.

Edit: I don't actually think any of us ever forget about 9/11, but I also think its not a bad thing that we don't think about it anymore. I lost my dad 3 years ago and I did a bunch of stupid ****. I failed classes, became anti-social, ect...but now I'm fine again. It is similar in my opinion. We need to move on, stop being angry, stop being scared, and be rational.

Shimmer down people.

I just really wanted to say "shimmer."

"why do we need a 9/11 thread to remember the lives lost?" Interesting, maybe you should ask yourself why "we" need a thread about anything..

Stop taking your meds again, Mike? ;)

Fantastic! You know, anytime you see me go off the charts, feel free to hack away :) hehe

Anyway, I can see how some people can feel it's some sort of political agenda, sort of. But, don't you think it's also making you feel that way because you may not have been involved in NYC at the time? Or may not have lost someone close to you in the buildings? Or, perhaps didn't help out in the reconstruction? Not that those things matter or not, but for the people that did.... now when they look back at 9.11 they may feel differently.

For instance, on NPR the other day, there was this short story about a woman driving a cab in the city. Her story had something to do with driving people to ground zero over and over again. Now whenever she is reminded of 9.11 she smiles because she feel like she is doing someone a huge service by driving them a few blocks. Her story from her mouth obviously had a larger impact than my version. But, she felt happy whenever she thought about 9.11 because she feels like she's delivering this huge mission objective whenever she drops someone off there.

I don't know...., point is, do you really think that people get upset when they hear "9.11"? I, for one, don't get upset or scared. I'm actually pretty indifferent. I really don't change feeling in any direction ... if I hear a story or two... sure, I might change feelings based on the person's story.

I guess I'm a person who likes to observe these occasions with solemness. I am wise enough to not try to lay blame at the feet of a religion because of the actions are a radical splinter group.

Mostly, I see it as a time to remember ALL who lost their lives, either in the attack or in trying to help save others.

"why do we need a 9/11 thread to remember the lives lost?"

there was a previous thread that was closed due to everyone going ape s*** over the subject, so now we have a thread to put aside all the nonsensical bs, and actully show some appreciation to the people that had experienced the tragedy. That answer your question? :)

No, because it wasn't my question.

As you can see I used qoutes.. :p

My question is towards the end of my post, and its not really a question its more like a statement if anything, Cause I used periods and not a question mark. :p

there was a previous thread that was closed due to everyone going ape s*** over the subject, so now we have a thread to put aside all the nonsensical bs, and actully show some appreciation to the people that had experienced the tragedy. That answer your question? :)
what??? it was the appreciation thread that got closed. this thread is for discussing something else. READ the whole thing before you post such nonsense

why do we need a 9/11 thread to remember the lives lost? why do we need the stories of heroes and broken families to be patriotic?

i've seen so many threads, web sites, news programs, news articles, etc. saying, "On this anniversary of 9/11, let's take the time to remember those who lost their lives, etc, etc, etc..."

Why do this just because it's the anniversary? Why can't we do this any and every day?

Fine then, to answer you question as to why..because sociaty is too busy thinking about themselves and the world isnt a fair place, maybe thats why. I was hoping to hear some of the peoples views on this tragity without comming in with a bunch of political conspiracies (aka the other thread), but there ya go.

this thread is for discussing something else

I appoligize if my post didnt please you, please refresh me on what "something else" is, so we may procede with this thread.

Of course we don't need to have a specific day to remember lives lost, talk about a day in the past, etc. I'm sure that a lot of people are thought about ion other days as well. Maybe people get reminded all the time and focus on it a little if they get reminded/or happen to think about it. We can say this about any day really... Why do we need to have off on Memorial Day? Some people actually remember (or have something to remember) on that day... but most of us just look at it as a 3 day weekend... no offense, but I do. Why do we need to remember D-Day on D-Day? or the day Pearl Harbor (Harbour) was bombed in December?

It's not like people don't remember anyone from 9/11 on other days than 9/11..... but, you have to admit, if you heard a day of "remember 9.11" broadcasts on BBC radio on February 3rd... don't you think that people would think and reserve that time in silence? And right after that say, "WTF ... it's February!?!?"

Actually... if 9.11 can do it... then so can I. From now on, I would like everyone to call me on random days to wish me a Happy Birthday. My Birthday is May 11th, so please do not call me on that day... only other days.

It just makes more sense to go overkill on publications, news casts, radio messages on the day (or around the day) that it happened... just to be nice <@:) ( <--- Clown hat smiley face )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom