Not many here that respond to the problem threads!

Hi! PP Mguire ! I'm sure carnage wishes that I didn't try to reply to most of the threads, but I'm hoping he will just send me a PM and tell me to back off when he gets tired of me stepping on him! LOL
Gary!!

tossing my penny in this mix..... or maybe just keeping my membership active ;)
I post as little as possible and most of my posts are about me... All of the guys have been helpful here. I look forward to this "merger" and seeing what the other guys are about.

PP_Mguire just needs a snickers every now and again.

Donatao/ PP - my input into this.

I work in IT support and also volunteer at charities who know nothing about IT etc.. I get a mix of people to support and different environments and what PP is saying and I agree with is, If someone doesn't want to listen then don't bother with them or be patient just move on to the next person who will benefit as "they wait patiently to follow your advise", people should show some respect to someone trying to help and not undermine them! IF someone wants to listen then be patient with them and help them until they understand or get to a solution, that way you both respect each others time and understand what you both need to do to accomplish the end goal.

Also bare in mind, IT support needs to follow steps from 1 to 10 even if the customer has already, just so they can see where the issues arise and to confirm the user has tried everything they should.

Lastly, Age has NOTHING to do with it. I have no patience for someone who asks for help then doesn't want to listen...

:cool:

Last edited:
Hi! That's cool! Different strokes for different fokes! I can see your side. If if upsets you, then, you shouldn't reply. I love passing forward things I have learned and still remember! lol
Which is exactly as I've said I do. There used to be a certain member who got banned from here that did nothing but argue consistently with me and after a while I just got tired of laying down the facts time after time again. So I'd just stop posting. Same goes for people who simply refuse to follow instruction.

tossing my penny in this mix..... or maybe just keeping my membership active ;)
I post as little as possible and most of my posts are about me... All of the guys have been helpful here. I look forward to this "merger" and seeing what the other guys are about.

PP_Mguire just needs a snickers every now and again.
See below.

Donatao/ PP - my input into this.

I work in IT support and also volunteer at charities who know nothing about IT etc.. I get a mix of people to support and different environments and what PP is saying and I agree with is, If someone doesn't want to listen then don't bother with them or be patient just move on to the next person who will benefit as "they wait patiently to follow your advise", people should show some respect to someone trying to help and not undermine them! IF someone wants to listen then be patient with them and help them until they understand or get to a solution, that way you both respect each others time and understand what you both need to do to accomplish the end goal.

Also bare in mind, IT support needs to follow steps from 1 to 10 even if the customer has already, just so they can see where the issues arise and to confirm the user has tried everything they should.

Lastly, Age has NOTHING to do with it. I have no patience for someone who asks for help then doesn't want to listen...

:cool:
This guy gets it.

You can tell the guys who work in IT and have provided first or second level support at some time. You deal with some of the most ridiculous people on the planet when it comes to computers and you get to the point that you just don't want to even bother with the people who can't follow simple instructions or who absolutely refuse to listen to you. Then they bug you because their computer is broke. My last day in tier 2 I told a guy if you would have listened 2 weeks ago when I got your ticket you wouldn't have this problem. He contacted my site supervisor who told him I don't work in that department anymore and forwarded to my Lockheed Lead who told him, well he's right. I laughed so hard.

You can tell the guys who work in IT and have provided first or second level support at some time. You deal with some of the most ridiculous people on the planet when it comes to computers and you get to the point that you just don't want to even bother with the people who can't follow simple instructions or who absolutely refuse to listen to you.

That's probably why I got burnt out somewhat and made the switch to software development :lol:.

Makes me glad I don't deal with end users anymore.

Rub it in both of you lol, Im trying to get a sys admin role. At the mo I do everything from support end users to 3rd line escalation to sys admin and evening office cabling.. My workplace likes to get their monies worth out of people :cool:

The same reasons I stayed away from tech support entirely and went straight into software development! (Not to mention that development pays better!)

I cant skip support to go into a system admin role........ but it is very rewarding to fix issues especially if they are complex, im not a fan of software development..

Back
Top Bottom