Not many here that respond to the problem threads!

I can provide support\ advise in most of the areas e.g. from hardware failure\windows OS diagnostics to enterprise security\networking\ window server set ups,

BUT I dont advise on builds as i dont really care about that at the moment lol.. :cool:

A lot of folks will come in places like this in a blind panic. Reading between the lines is a must have talent that you develop over time. We're here as volunteer help and yeah it gets challenging sometimes. But then you hit that eureka moment and you find a solution that works. Sure it's rare to get a thank you from some one you've helped but is that really all that important? Helping folks that come to computer forums expands your trouble shooting skills and keeps them fresh.

I have plenty of time on my hands and enjoy helping those that don't have the skills I have. I design and build electronic systems for computers and RC models. I design and build support devices that augment systems already in place. plus I build high end computer systems for a small client base. Private stuff.

But the bottom line is if you aren't being of any help, why are you here?

And I don't like the title newb. It's degrading.

Newb isn't the degrading term - that'd be noob :p.

Newb implies being new (in a non-derogatory way) - short for newbie. Quickest way to get rid of the title is to post more ;).

A lot of folks will come in places like this in a blind panic. Reading between the lines is a must have talent that you develop over time. We're here as volunteer help and yeah it gets challenging sometimes. But then you hit that eureka moment and you find a solution that works. Sure it's rare to get a thank you from some one you've helped but is that really all that important? Helping folks that come to computer forums expands your trouble shooting skills and keeps them fresh.

I have plenty of time on my hands and enjoy helping those that don't have the skills I have. I design and build electronic systems for computers and RC models. I design and build support devices that augment systems already in place. plus I build high end computer systems for a small client base. Private stuff.

But the bottom line is if you aren't being of any help, why are you here?

If they want help then they should listen. There have been plenty of times where people won't listen to something as simple as stress test your CPU and give us real load temps. They'll get flustered and when they finally do what we say realize they could have saved hours of their time. At the first signs of somebody listening I will stop posting because it's wasting my time.

HI! PP Mguire! I have read all your replies sense I joined. With all due respect sir, maybe you don't have the patience to deal with a novice OP asking for help. I know very little about computers, but I thoroughly enjoy sharing what I know. You have to remember the person asking for help doesn't have your computer skills. If they did, then they wouldn't need your help. I'm assuming you are very young and don't have a lot of patience. I'm very old and I try very hard to have patience with a OP seeking help. I learned all I know from friends and forums like Techist. I have COPD and being on forums like this is about all I can handle for a hobby.
I'm 77 years old and I don't mean to preach to you, but you need to have a little patience to help those that are seeking your help.
Gary!!

HI! PP Mguire! I have read all your replies sense I joined. With all due respect sir, maybe you don't have the patience to deal with a novice OP asking for help. I know very little about computers, but I thoroughly enjoy sharing what I know. You have to remember the person asking for help doesn't have your computer skills. If they did, then they wouldn't need your help. I'm assuming you are very young and don't have a lot of patience. I'm very old and I try very hard to have patience with a OP seeking help. I learned all I know from friends and forums like Techist. I have COPD and being on forums like this is about all I can handle for a hobby.
I'm 77 years old and I don't mean to preach to you, but you need to have a little patience to help those that are seeking your help.
Gary!!
I have patience for those willing to listen, it's what I've been saying for the past 3 or so posts now. It's a simple instruction and if somebody is going to flat out ignore the advice being given then they aren't worth my time. It literally has nothing to do with patience. I'm a single parent and I'm gone 12 hours a day from home. I love helping people but the last thing I want to have done is get my time wasted by somebody who doesn't want to follow simple troubleshooting instructions or will flat out ignore people trying to help them.

Just give it time and you'll come to notice exactly what I'm talking about. I've been on these boards for the better part of a decade to help people who don't know what I know. It's their choice whether they want to listen to sound advice, or ignore it. If they chose the latter then I'll chose to ignore their thread.

HI PP Mguire! I'm not here to argue with you or try to change your mind. If you want a challenge my friend then come to my retirement home in Oklahoma where I help seniors for free with their printers and PC's. You will learn the value of what it takes to help a 90 year old with his new WOW computer that his daughter bought and he really didn't want it.
Gary!
http://www.mywowcomputer.com/

Last edited:
HI PP Mguire! I'm not here to argue with you or try to change your mind. If you want a challenge my friend then come to my retirement home in Oklahoma where I help seniors for free with their printers and PC's. You will learn the value of what it takes to help a 90 year old with his new WOW computer that his daughter bought and he really didn't want it.
Gary!
WOW! Computer for Seniors - by firstSTREET
When I was Tier 2 at Lockheed there were plenty of times I had to deal with people having computer problems while using a refreshed machine they didn't want. They would literally make every excuse in the book and complain about anything and everything. There's no arguing, just giving my side of things. I used to try and reply to most all threads if I had some form of input but I just don't anymore.

Hi! That's cool! Different strokes for different fokes! I can see your side. If if upsets you, then, you shouldn't reply. I love passing forward things I have learned and still remember! lol
I used to try and reply to most all threads if I had some form of input but I just don't anymore.

Back
Top Bottom