Not many here that respond to the problem threads!

donetao

Banned
Hi I'm also member on CF forum. I hear there is a merger in the future. I have only been on both forum for a short time. I have noticed that there are very few techs here that respond to the threads that have PC problems. It seems that a lot of the threads are about gaming and hardware. A lot of members talking about the best hardware to build a computer. That is not where I have a lot of knowledge. I'm not a gamer and know very little about hardware. I do watch all the threads, hoping to learn however. It seems that there are only 4 or 5 that respond to computer problems. The ones that do respond know what there doing and that's a good thing for the forum. That @carnage is one smart dude and I have been stepping on him a little. That's the way I learn and one reason I'm here. Don't be afraid to send me a PM and tell me to back off. I can handle that and I really wish you would do that rather than banning me.
Just my thoughts tonight! Your comments are always welcome!;)
This is a great forum and I hope I can be a asset here on Techist!
Soon to join another family(CF). There are some really great guys on CF. I'm hoping that works out;)
Gary!

Last edited:
Yea, I did tech support for a while and doing it on my free time just makes me frustrated so I typically stay away from the troubleshooting subforum.

Yea, I did tech support for a while and doing it on my free time just makes me frustrated so I typically stay away from the troubleshooting subforum.

Geek Squad for 8 years full time, so I know the frustration! I try to help out when I can, though.

I still work in IT support, I do give my input and advise to support everyone here at TF. I also ask for advise as well as I don't know everything! :cool:

I do really enjoy troublshooting issues, and I volunteer at charities to provide support and fixes on a daily basis.

My biggest issue is when you tell somebody to do something and they say I already did that when clearly they didn't. That's when I go **** it, not my problem.

Hi MidnightShadow and PP Mguire, Don't let a couple of posters turn you away from helping here on the forum because they say they have already tried what you suggested. I have experienced that also. When I get a reply like that, my next reply to the OP is this." Please post the things you have tried so I'm not wasting my time suggesting things you have already tried" That usually gets their attention. Techist needs all their members with computer knowledge to help. Team work is good IMHO and can be a good thing when it is done with out confusing the OP. I know I'm probably steeping on toes some times, but I try to offer advise on things I think I know a little about.
That's my 2 cents!
Gary!!

PP primarily hangs out in the hardware boards and assists with new builds / upgrades as that's his main area of expertise here.

They're both my main area of expertise but I'm not going to argue with somebody in a troubleshoot thread that doesn't want to help themselves. The ones who clearly try everything I stick around but then again it's more work than slapping a build together in 2 minutes for somebody.

Back
Top Bottom