Not being paid for training, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Hey guys. Just to refresh ur memories, i got a job at Cold Stone like 3 weeks ago. Up until now, ive known that i wouldnt be paid for training, which i found out was illegal. Now, i want to expose them maybe even sue them but u see, my older sister has a friend who was kicked out of her house n is living with us. She works at Cold Stone, convinced them to hire me because they only wanted girls. I thank her, even though im struggling at work (knowing how to fully operate the cash register, knowing the products that kind of thing). I have been getting 10 hours a week roughly n i wont have my own working schedule until the next few weeks. Anyways back to my sisters friend, she has helped me so much because where i live, hardly anyone hires due to popularity n me looking like a geek, yes i wear glasses, which stands me out as a wip who doesnt know nothing. I should get my first paycheck this Sunday n im afraid of doing the following things:

*ask about payment for training n acting like it's strange not to be paid for training
*if i ask, i could get fired if i mention about it being illegal n stuff
*if i get fired, my sister's friend who helped me get this job will mostly likely get fired too, n i dont want her to hate me, even though she can be weird at times lol
*something happened in 2:25am today that really got her ticked off because of me "ranting", which i will not talk about anymore
*i know for sure im not getting paid for training (they even told me themselves and they still wont pay me), but if what they say is true, then i may have to get my dad involved n we would have to call the corp. n expose them of what they have done, this may follow a lawsuit. My dad has a huge experience with money, finanical businesses n is willing to back me up, so ya. He has a BD in Accounting btw.

I CANNOT LOSE THIS JOB!! It took me a whole year for me to get another job because ive been so busy with other things. Currently im trying to get another job because, once again, i am struggling at work n i have not worked for a whole year. I am a slow learner but this is ridiculous!

i just need to be able to work NOW until JANUARY or FEBURARY. I need the money for not just to fully upgrade my computer, but for school too. I should be driving then, if not, well then im idiot because i will be 19 in Nov 18th.

any suggestions i really truely appreciate it!!

EDIT:

i need work experience as well as customer experience!

i say if you feel that it is wrong for you not to get paid for training then i would go for it and call up corp offices, and as for loosing the job that might just be something that will come of it, it all boils down to if you choose your friend over the job or vise versa.

i say if you feel that it is wrong for you not to get paid for training then i would go for it and call up corp offices, and as for loosing the job that might just be something that will come of it, it all boils down to if you choose your friend over the job or vise versa.

well she has been a friend to me, it's just hard for me to lose a friend because of my actions or choices, ya know?

i mean, she's actually my sister's friend and i dont want to endanger her as well as me not having another job for months again.

Did you fill out an employment application? Did you fill out any type of payroll information? Are you of legal age to work? I think it's 15yrs?

Also, are you working "with" that girl (friend) of yours? She might be using you as her little slave. They are paying her and not you.

Did you fill out an employment application? Did you fill out any type of payroll information? Are you of legal age to work? I think it's 15yrs?

Also, are you working "with" that girl (friend) of yours? She might be using you as her little slave. They are paying her and not you.

yes i filled out an employment application. I told the manager about my payroll info, didnt fill out any type of payroll info like i did at Arby's. I'm 18 yrs old, of course i can work. Yes, she works at Cold Stone, like me n still is. Idk about me being her slave, i dont work the same days as her all the time. Some of the workers told me that the managers did tell them that they werent paid for training either but they let it all go n dealt with it. My sister's friend helped train me to work, along with some other workers.

the managers, wife n husband, said i will not be paid. I was interviewed by the husband n the wife called me telling me when to come in to start training. She actually mentioned me not getting paid for training. I reacted saying im not? Then she said no ur not.

I say, call a good lawyer, and sue them for the money they owe you, and if they try and fire you for that sue em again because thats illegal as well.

I say, call a good lawyer, and sue them for the money they owe you, and if they try and fire you for that sue em again because thats illegal as well.

all i have to know is when to do it. Plus, i have been keeping track of the days ive clock in n out too to show PROOF that i have been working there on this day n these times i clocked in n out. My dad advised me to do this.

sorry to up and old thread but i was thinking about a situation just like this not to long ago

did you sign any forms or anything like that when you were hired?
if you signed something saying that you wouldnt get paid for your training then you cant do anything about it, i know some places that make you pay for the training you receive

keep us updated on what happens because i am curious

sorry to up and old thread but i was thinking about a situation just like this not to long ago

did you sign any forms or anything like that when you were hired?
if you signed something saying that you wouldnt get paid for your training then you cant do anything about it, i know some places that make you pay for the training you receive

keep us updated on what happens because i am curious

well i did do an application, then i was interviewed but i didnt write on anything during the interview, just answering the managers questions he asked me. The manager just had a blank piece of paper asking about me, my personality, what days im avaliable, etc.

i got my first pay check btw, n it turns out that they didnt pay me for 2 days n my dad believes that they didnt deduct taxes from my paycheck or something like that. My paycheck was $56. $56 for less then 10 hrs a week n not being paid for 2 days.

as for the lawsuit, my dad talked to his lawyer about it and suggested to me that i keep track of all the times i clock in and clock out at work, which i have been since day one. When i quit or get fired, he says, THAT is when we sue them and bring them into court. EVEN my dad's lawyer says that it's wrong! My sister's friend was told the same thing BUT she didnt do anything about it n now it's happening to me n IM doing something about it!

i will stay with the job until i get a better one, one that can get me more hrs because at this rate of less then 10 hrs a week, im not gonna be able to repair n upgrade my whole computer by spring 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom