Norton Corporate open door to hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060527/tc_nf/43580

Some of the largest corporations in the world, in addition to U.S. government agencies, might be at risk from a flaw discovered in the latest version of Symantec's antivirus software suite for businesses.
ADVERTISEMENT

According to eEye Digital Security, the newly discovered vulnerability could enable hackers to seize control of computers and access sensitive data, delete files, or remotely install malicious software.

Sounds pretty complete. :). I've always been a fan of the Norton Corporate Edition. When I used to get it for free through my campus that is.

Well, this seems to be a fault with the "update" feature of the unit. It has to be. Gives everyone a bad name due to the application development team. :mad:..

The algorithms guys in Symantec are probably pretty ****ed. lol

if it's just a probablem with the update, why dont they just go use an older version of it until the bug is fixed?

I guess they could. From watching various IT guys doing their jobs, I can say that they don't take as much care as we do to our own computers. You deploy some client apps (along with products that have update features built in), and you just control the various downloads from the admin side.

Who knows. Maybe a new feature that Symantec introduced opened a hole in the system. Every "feature" meant to makes things "easier", IMO, creates security problems.

I am sure we'll here more about this soon enough... :)

Good thing i switched from Symantec Corporate Edition 10 to NOD32 2.5.

I still miss Symantec because it protects better, though.

im not using symantec so i dont really care, but if they go to the older version, there is a reason why there is a newer version, and hackers will find a way to hack the older version through the flaw they were trying to cover with the new one, so either way, they are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom