Nice places in USA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah.....stay away from the cities. Go to Montana. Go fly fishing or hunting, meet some nice Americans, and relax. That would be your best trip.

You want city life or mountains and beauty? Really depends on what you want to see.

I'd say you take a loop. Check out the grand canyon, cruise up to Las Vegas, head to Lake Tahoe, then into California some where. That way you get a nice mix of everything

Nah.....stay away from the cities. Go to Montana. Go fly fishing or hunting, meet some nice Americans, and relax. That would be your best trip.

Haha woah! I was going to mention Montana because I am from there but assumed most wouldn't know anything about it. I'm from Missoula, MT. Nothing better then that place, any where in the USA! Good people, relaxing and beautiful. I fly fished all the time growing up as a child. My little brother tied the flies for me. He was good at it too! Fished Rock Creek all the time.

The US gets a very bad wrap around the world, but there are a million amazing places to visit.

Hikaricloud touched on what I would have recommended with New England. In October, it's absolutely brilliant with foliage. The weather is cool and very comfortable and any New England state will offer plenty of places to enjoy a visit.

Maine is absolutely beautiful during the summer and fall. An Atlantic coast state, you can't go wrong.

Florida is awesome. My parents live there and I always look forward to my trips.

Chicago is awesome. Jazz, Blues and incredible places to eat.

New York, Manhattan is cool if you like HUGE busy cities. Plenty of land marks and amazing places to eat.

The West Coast although, I've never been is a hot spot.

Alaska from what I've heard is amazing.

Arizona is supposed to be cool. Some parts are 120 degrees and other parts have snow on the mountains.

The Whole US offers insane places to visit and enjoy. lol, WE AREN'T THAT BAD.

I've been to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Both are great destinations.

The Grand Canyon has to be experienced as words just can't do it justice. Its sheer size is enough to mess with your mind. It is truly breath-taking.

The giant redwoods of Yosemite will also stretch your mind. Standing the the base of one looking up it seems that it arcs almost behind you. Not only are the trees awesome, but the entire park has so much to see... Bridalveil Falls, Seven Sisters, Glacier Point (it had 28' of snow in July when we were there).

The US is such a large and varied country that there is no way to see it all, or even just hit the highlights. Figure out what kind of a trip you want and then find things that fit that. If you want cities, hit New York, Chicago, DC, LA, Boston. If you want tourist attractions, hit DisneyWorld/Land, Universal Studios, Sea Land. If you want nature, hit the national parks (we're covered up with them).

If you go to Arizona you can see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Meteor Crater which are all incredible. They are also within a reasonable driving distance of Las Vegas if you want to see some of the tourist attractions there. While that area is pretty warm it's a dry heat so it doesn't feel that bad.

+1 for the grand canyon having to be experienced. I regret not taking the time to hike all the way to the bottom.

Here is a great little loop for you.

Fly into LA.
Drive to the Grand Canyon.
Head over to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park in Utah.
Head through Vegas and Yosemite to Lake Tahoe.
Head over to San Fransisco. (stop by my parents house to pick up packages from Newegg.)
Drive down HWY 1 back to LA and perhaps check out San Diego as well.

Can you say rent a motor home. Wait UK translation = caravan (I think).

Something close to this:
S9-LAX-82-map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom