Newegg is screwing me over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreditSolutions

In Runtime
They just sent a debit memo to my checking account for an order I voided 3 or 4 days ago. Now im overdrawn over 400 dollars!! They did this twice, too. Heres how it happened.

1) I order some shit off of newegg, immediatley payment is unable to authorize, due to some stupid reason. (No lack of funds, daily limit is $1000)

2) I void the order immediatley. I make some adjustments to my billing info then try again. Once again it is not authorized, and I void immediatley.

3) Debit memo is posted to my account. I just wait for it to go away and all is fine.

4) Call my bank's main branch the next day, they say there are no debit memos and that my balance is what it should be at. I go buy some stuff from a computer store.

5) Yesterday, newegg sends another debit memo to my account for an order I voided 4 DAYS AGO. Now im overdrafted a bunch, and fees may or may not apply depending on how lenient my bank decides to be.

Needless to say im not happy with newegg. Whats scary is that I have a few other voided orders with them. What should I do?

It's Big Brother man. They don't want us buying computer parts that rival their own. They are limiting what we have at our disposal and what can be put there. They have to stay 1 step ahead of us. Not really, I would suggest (you've probably already done this) calling Newegg and yelling at whatever poor sapp picks up the phone until they put the money back, or send you the items. If that doesn't work, try to talk to your banker and see if they can't get the money back, make sure you bring in copies of all e-mails, invoices, and notices of voided purchases because I'm sure he/she would love to see them. If all else fails...two words, Johnny Cochrin.

I wrote them a letter demanding that they stop posting debit memos on my account for transactions that have been voided days ago. Monday I will call my bank and block all charges from newegg. If they continue to take my money for voided orders, I will have to call an attorney. :(

I know ill get my money back. But how many more times will they reserve the money for voided orders? Unless they stop, i'll keep getting overdrafted when I least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom