Newegg rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at them, but usually they don't help any. Most one-egg reviews are just people mad that it was DoA or something which I mean is a legitimate concern, but you can never tell how reliable a product is as usually displeased customers tend to write reviews more than satisfied customers (by percent, I estimate ~90% of displeased customers leave negative reviews while ~40-60% happy customers don't bother writing a review), so unless there are a lot of them I usually just ignore the "DoA, 1 egg" reviews. I usually don't give a crap between things that are 4 eggs against something that is 5 eggs. Only time it becomes a real concern if it's 1-2 eggs with at least 12-18 reviews.

The egg rating does sway me a little, but not much. Most of the time when people review a product they do it the second that they get it, sometimes even before they use it "I just unboxed it and it looks so sweet! havent even plugged it in yet but 5 eggs!!!" like my laptop has 1 egg when I bought it (like 10 reviews, all bad saying the laptop was a pos and is defective) yet here I am, two years later, still computating random stuff for no apparent reason at all other than just to have a laptop on my lap and look cool... haha....

true story too. But the egg rating, for processors, I use them (to compare to other cpu's, generally ppl will say that it was faster/slower than brand/model processor (great for intel/amd comparisons). Same for video cards and speakers, but for amplifiers, mobo's (except for high dolar) and psu's I never trust the ratings. I just go by "you get what you pay for" so while there may be a $40 hard drive I will gladly spend 2x that just to have the security to know 5 years down the line that 500gb hd has 0 lost sectors, or that $20 psu that I bought that blew up 2 weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom