Newegg now ships with DHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHL have started advertising in Israel , I like their ads.
My only shipping experience was with Royal Mail and UPS , so no input here.

Maybe they're only shipping to certain areas with DHL, like for certain regions they ended up being a cheaper shipping option. I've only dealt with them a handful of times. I've gotten a few freebies air mailed from M$ by DHL and those arrived within 2 business days, no trouble. The tracking I don't think updated until after delivery, though. They delivered early as ****, though, like 7 or 8am. UPS/Fedex usually come by in the afternoon.

I did work at a store in the MOA for a while and had a couple of experiences with DHL losing customer's GROUND shipments, though. That was unpleasant because I had some really ticked off customers on the phone and all DHL could do was initiate a trace and call me back. A trace apparently took like 4-8hrs to do and I don't think they actually ever called me back on those, I had to get the other store manager to finish up when I went home for the day. I figured they were just sort of random occurrences but apparently their contract drivers and customer service leave something to be desired on the Ground shipping end.

From my personal and work experiences:

FedEx > DHL > UPS > USPS

DHL was pretty good when I was shipping 2-3 express envelopes a week containing a CD/DVD. I only had a couple of complaints from my clients. The larger packages though they messed up alot. FedEx was better with the larger packages, but stunk with the envelopes. UPS stunk most of the time time with both. And forget about the USPS, you may never see your package.

I never have any problems with UPS...FedEx around here is terrible though it seems... We get both Fedex and UPS shipments in at work, and the UPS boxes are all neat and crushed/damaged boxes are very far and few in between. FedEx, on the other hand, we had a few TV's come in and one of the box's corners was totally crushed, TV was bad. Not too long ago we had some tower pieces come in via FedEx truck...terrible condition. The boxes were all tore up; we had to go through and make sure all the parts were there one by one.

And, personal experience from FedEx...I got a freebie from Newegg, and it shipped via FedEx; fine, whatever. WHen it gets here, they ended up delivering it to the wrong house (luckily it was one of our neighbors we know well), and the box was crushed/flimsy.

DHL, I've only experienced once, and it wasn't the best either... Ordered my Antec 900 from Fry's and they shipped it via DHL. Ok, haven't dealt with DHL before so whatever as long as it gets here. It gets here. the box is fine and everything, but they left the box out on our porch when nobody was home, whilst it was sprinkling. Wasn't too impressed with that.

UPS on the other hand, around here, is fantastic. I know quite a few of the drivers around here, and they're pretty nice. None of my boxes from UPS have been damaged or anything. I give this as my rating: UPS > USPS > DHL > FedEx.

UPS is awful around where I live. I've rarely gotten a more expensive item from them that wasn't damaged in some way. Fedex is a lot better where I live. USPS is by far the worst, I'll agree. Tracing is terrible and packages are delivered to the wrong houses too often for me to be comfortable with them. And they're just ***holes when you go to pick up your package at the post office. Apparently people trying to collect their mail is just too much of an inconvenience...

UPS is awful around where I live. I've rarely gotten a more expensive item from them that wasn't damaged in some way. Fedex is a lot better where I live. USPS is by far the worst, I'll agree. Tracing is terrible and packages are delivered to the wrong houses too often for me to be comfortable with them. And they're just ***holes when you go to pick up your package at the post office. Apparently people trying to collect their mail is just too much of an inconvenience...

Exactly the opposite for me, lol.

As for personal experience with UPS and FedEx, I've had better with FedEx. I bought most of my rig from a guy in Arizona. He shipped it in two boxes... case and components in one, speakers and game boxes in the other. The box with the speakers came in fine. The other was shipped in the box the case originally came in and it was demolished; the driver literally had to hold the box together to carry it to the house. Both sides of the case were dinged but (thankfully) no components were shot. It left AZ in pristine shape.

At work it is just the opposite. Stuff from UPS is perfect, but FedEx looks like they played football with it, as in there are no square corners or edges left on the box when it gets to us. If a package ends up on the wrong pallet (yes, we ship pallets worth to both several times a day), the FedEx boxes that went to UPS are brought back in the same shape they left it. Any UPS box that ends up with FedEx is tore all to pieces, if it makes it back to us at all.

wow i feel really lucky to have purolator here in canada. there faster then fedex, also much much cheaper, and it is the standard shipping method of ncix, everyone of you should quit complaining and move to canada, your lives would be so much simpler.

wow i feel really lucky to have purolator here in canada. there faster then fedex, also much much cheaper, and it is the standard shipping method of ncix, everyone of you should quit complaining and move to canada, your lives would be so much simpler.

lmao, we get the best prices on hardware in the states.

lmao, we get the best prices on hardware in the states.

who cares its only a litle more expensive, also canadians live longer on average bet you didnt know that now eh. canada rocks good shipping good healthcare, easy goverment. anything an american can complain about there is a solution in canada lol. almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom