Newegg no longer reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried calling Newegg over the phone again this afternoon around 1pm. I still got the run around where it was one automated response after another. Seems like everyone took the day off or something? My account still has the Kaspersky IS as "Charged", lol. Again, I emailed them.....no response.

It just seems odd that this is happening. Maybe they got my email black flagged or something? My phone number is also on my account too and probably someone down theer has a grudge against me.

The sucky part about all this is that I'm looking to build or buy a new high performance gaming PC soon too. I just got Street Fighter 4 for PC and looking forward to playing NBA 2K10 as well, but I have an ancient PC with a first gen Athlon 64 CPU, 2GB DDR RAM, 7800GT video card. I need more power, lol. If I don't get a hold of Newegg over the phone soon or at least an email reply back about my concerns, I have no choice but to switch over to TIgerdirect or some other vendor similar to Newegg. I will miss their prices and speedy services (from my past experiences with them).

I don't think you even read our posts...

Why didn't you try getting on the live help desk during normal business hours? Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. Is this the only issue you've ever had with them? Because going to Tiger Direct of all sites because of this one issue is pretty premature.

Besides, a few extra days without Kapersky really isn't going to make that much of a difference, lol.

Eh you get bad apples. It's bound to happen eventually. You can't be 100% efficient all the time.

On the side note though, you should be thankful they saved you. No offense, but no anti-virus is worth paying for when the "better ones" are actually free.

But yea, your best bet at this point is to contact them via live help during regular business hours. And if your bank has already taken care of it why do you still care? I doubt they'll ship it if the bank is already disputing the charge.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I forgot about him disputing that charge...

Well crap then, why are you still expecting newegg to send it if they don't have your money anymore? Trying to get something for nothing and having them not send it to you sounds perfectly right for me.

Once again, I'm amazed at how this website manage to change so quickly since my last visit.

Anyways, back to my main point. Newegg has always been great when it comes to quick turn-around time from purchase to delivery of product. Their low price can't be beat either. A week and a half ago, I ordered a Kaspersky Labs Internet Security software for $19.99 on Newegg. My status still reads "Charged" and no confirmation of shipping was present at all since then. I repeatedly called their toll free number and got no one to answer my call. Worse yet, no answering service of any kind. Their live chat was useless and no one came to respond to my shipping question. I filed a claim and emailed them 4-times (which I feel is way too much already). I had the UPS 3-Day select shipping so it should have been here by now, nearly two weeks later right?

.................no response to anything!!!!

What is wrong with Newegg? Are they bankrupt or something and everyone split without me knowing it? I would at least like to have some kind of response.

So I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Fortunately, they handled with ease and I'm no longer responsible for the charge from Newegg. Has anyone experienced this problem with Newegg recently? Are you able to get a hold of anyone?

I will call you on that and raise you panasonic.

I ordered a camera in october, and it just shipped the other day, but I dont' have a tracking number, even though it's supposed to be here saturday or monday.

Over the course of october, november, and december:

the camera was listed as in stock, twice.

Status has been listed as 3-5 business days, 5-7, and backordered.

I was charged about two weeks ago for the camera, no shipping information, or tracking number, and than on monday of this week, the charge somehow disappeared.

So I call it in, and the "customer service" associates can't really tell me anything more than what the website says.

And I still don't have my camera.

You want to talk about lousy customer service?

Some thoughts...

A. Why would you order this from NewEgg and not directly from Kaspersky? why PAY for it when Avast, AVG, Avira, MSE and so many more are free?

B. If you contact them outside of normal business hours, expect the run around. If i called you at 6PM right in the middle of your dinner would you want to answer my questions about ordering new long distance service? Just like any normal tele-marketer? So why call them outside of normal hours and expect perfect service? That is just absurd.

C. EMail is instant to send. There is nothing anywhere on the internet that says it means that you will get a instant response. Just because you sent it, doesnt mean that you should expect a response 2 minutes or even 2 hours or even 24 hours later. Email is not a instant messenger service. If you get a response back within 5 business days, that is normal. It took NewEgg 3 days to get back to a general query i had. You got this right around the busiest shopping day of the year for anyplace. Order mix-ups happen. Heck i cant tell you how many orders i am still trying to sort from last friday where i work. It happens.

Call them during normal business hours. Best option.

Well, aside from what you should and shouldn't have ordered from Newegg...I agree with you. I have noticed a serious lack in their customer service over the last month or so. I honestly think they had to lay off a bunch of people so they just don't have the staff to man positions like they used to. I still haven't had any issues with shipping, but their stock lately has suffered and getting any information from CS is a joke.

That being said, they are still better than the competition. The only other place I trust for parts these days is Amazon, and there you have to be extremely cautious as to who is really selling you the goods. ZZF, Mwave, TD, and Buy.com have all given me problems. NCIXUS was pretty good when I ordered my SSD from them, but it's hard to get a feel of a vendor with one purchase.

Buy.com is one of them... Well more or less scam sites if you ask me... Advertisments in the middle of the night, and so on..

But, honestly, software isn't the greatest thing to buy from Newegg.com in that manor... Hardware, usualy is a different story.

But, don't expect any better or any worse from Tigerdirect.com, Many here have had issues with them, and rebates, I have had the opposite with newegg.com and tigerdirect.com for the most part.

Oh, by the way, how does everyone like the updated newegg.com page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom