Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
So, i ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they lost my case!!!

UPS didnt know where it was and Newegg didn't know either. It probably just "fell off the truck".

So, newegg told me they had to do some investigation to get me an exchange and that after they did that it would take 7-10 days to send out my order. So i *****ed at them and asked if they could just refund the order and waive the overnight shipping, she said that all she could do was give me 25 bucks for my next order. i got really ****ed and started *****ing about how they lost my item i'd been waiting a week for an that i need the item ASAP and they couldnt help me. This resolved nothing.

I went back onto the online customer support chat and spoke to someone else. This time they were so helpful, im glad i went back and spoke to another person. She not only gave me 25 dollars towards my next purchase, but she also completely WAIVED the overnight shipping of the case. Im still waiting for the refund price of the case+shipping, but they hooked it up big time.

Im still kind of upset i wont have my computer built by the weekend, but at least i saved some money.

This is in no way trying to offend anyone, especially you bobojuice. But, can you imagine if they were as impatient back "then" as some people are now when it comes to conveniences, accuracies and accidents?

Customer in the local Pony Express office: "What??!?!?!??!??! What do you MEAN the horse threw a shoe!!??!??!

Pony Express Rep: "Well, these things happen" "But, don't worry, your package should be here within a month or 2"

Customer: "MAN!!!!! you mean, I'm not going to be able to try on my new shirt that my wife back home made for me until sometime next season???!" WTF mate?"

Pony Express Rep: "Well, you are always welcome to saddle up and go track it down" "They should be somewhere in Oregon by now"

I could go on. But, it's simply amazing how a company makes an honest mistake and we feel that they owe us some sort of retribution in order to make up for their mistake and so that we feel "better" or "helped out" in our situation :)

Like I said, no offense, but it's just fun to think about :)

If this was something that only happened once in a blue moon, we could excuse it away. Unfortunately, it happens on an extremely regular basis to lots and lots of people.

In order to save money both UPS and FedEx use a lot of temporary help, and just regular grunts, to load, unload, and process packages. The people we normally see, the drivers and such, have been with the company for years and have worked their way up, and are the 1 in 100 (or more) who made it. Since the people handling the packages are not full-time employees, they just don't care is the package gets where it is going, or if it gets there in good shape. There's a good chance that the case went home in someone's trunk, thinking it was an actual computer.

Nothing "falls off the truck". It either gets sent to the wrong place and no one says anything, is literally destroyed in processing and discarded, was stolen, or never left the point of origin. Since this is Newegg, I seriously doubt that they did not ship it.

Yeah I work at Fedex Ground nights now and 99% of the help they hire, like me, is part time and receives no training before starting to load packages. We work like 10 hours a week and are largely unsupervised. We get pretty good at what we do but if we put a package on the wrong truck it takes 1-2 months for it to get delivered. So misreading a zip code and cause a huge delay in the delivery service. From what I've heard UPS operates essentially the same way.

You see though, the problem is, that when i was looking at the tracking information it was scanned at the newegg facility, but never made it to ups. who knows what happened to it. I am upset, but not that upset. Only reason i was complaining and throwing a fit, is because i know customer service and i know i can get alot out of it if i act like im really really mad. haha.

If this was something that only happened once in a blue moon, we could excuse it away. Unfortunately, it happens on an extremely regular basis to lots and lots of people.

In order to save money both UPS and FedEx use a lot of temporary help, and just regular grunts, to load, unload, and process packages. The people we normally see, the drivers and such, have been with the company for years and have worked their way up, and are the 1 in 100 (or more) who made it. Since the people handling the packages are not full-time employees, they just don't care is the package gets where it is going, or if it gets there in good shape. There's a good chance that the case went home in someone's trunk, thinking it was an actual computer.

Nothing "falls off the truck". It either gets sent to the wrong place and no one says anything, is literally destroyed in processing and discarded, was stolen, or never left the point of origin. Since this is Newegg, I seriously doubt that they did not ship it.

I worked part time at UPS while going to school about 18 years ago. I don't know how it is now, but at the time I worked there, stealing any of the packages was near impossible unless you were an expert thief. All the workers had to leave through the same door and metal detector and you were searched if they had any doubt.

For a part time package loader to steal a big computer case would be impossible with the security that UPS has.

A route driver wouldn't be stupid enough to risk losing their job over something like this either. Everything they have on that truck is accounted for. The drivers make very good money have great benefits to risk losing. Not saying it couldn't happen but its highly unlikely.

From what I've seen when I worked there, packages fell from carts, conveyor belts, etc. They would sit under a table or bench, or lay hidden under one of the many big structures in the building. These shipping hubs are huge and so busy its easy for packages to go unnoticed for a day and then get lost in the system.

UPS actually does a pretty good job considering the hundreds of thousands of packages they process everyday. But of course, losing stuff like this will always happen at some point.

The terminal here is very lax about security. It would be child's play to walk out with anything.

I worked part time at UPS while going to school about 18 years ago. I don't know how it is now, but at the time I worked there, stealing any of the packages was near impossible unless you were an expert thief. All the workers had to leave through the same door and metal detector and you were searched if they had any doubt.

For a part time package loader to steal a big computer case would be impossible with the security that UPS has.

A route driver wouldn't be stupid enough to risk losing their job over something like this either. Everything they have on that truck is accounted for. The drivers make very good money have great benefits to risk losing. Not saying it couldn't happen but its highly unlikely.

From what I've seen when I worked there, packages fell from carts, conveyor belts, etc. They would sit under a table or bench, or lay hidden under one of the many big structures in the building. These shipping hubs are huge and so busy its easy for packages to go unnoticed for a day and then get lost in the system.

UPS actually does a pretty good job considering the hundreds of thousands of packages they process everyday. But of course, losing stuff like this will always happen at some point.

the package never made it to UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom