New Venture Plan!!!! What Do U Think?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaO_xTc_RaVeR

In Runtime
i live in brampton ontario, its quite a ghetto place. no where to chill really other then a pool hall that has a jitz table. Jitz is fooseball basically.

anyways, ive been inspired and motivated by entrepreneaurs these days, i have thought about it over and over again and i came to the reality that i want to open up a net cafe.
my real dream is to open up a nightclub but thats far from reality. netcafe is a possibility

any tips or ideas on how i can make this dream come a reality, please let me know.

even if its problems i can run through.

Thanks.

Wesley, a 18 year old with that has been inspired and motivated by small entrepreneaurs in the world.

im 18, this is a long term plan for me, ill be in college till about 22 for computer hardware engineering.

i want the netcafe opend by the age of 25.

this is a long term goal and if i succeed or fail i will be happy that it was agoal that i reached. =)

well its if i charged 3/hour to use the computers, and i got 20 computers and pretend there were all run for 24 hours that would be $1440 dollars.
the monthly income would be huge. but theres no guarentee that it will be successful but i think it would because theres really nothing to do in my city. again, the target market of this is teenagers so. there gonna need a place to chilll late at night =) why not a netcafe with jitz an dpool =)

near schools and offices would be a great site for netcafs. and like anubis said..you have to have lots of cash/mulah/doe/bling-bling to back you up..there's the monthly expenses..like rent, services, etc....and theres also computer maintenance...running a pc 24-7-365(assuming) is heavy pounding. you'll also have to consider the services that youre going to offer,..is your business purely internet related or would there also be the occassional gaming? what food and drinks are you going to serve(this will further help raise the income)?

so as far as expenses is concerned..you'll have to consider your rates to get your ROI or return of income quickly....do a feasiblity study..get the possible cost and expenses that your cafe will incur in a month...then get the monthly net profit from computer rentals and others. make an assumption of yearly expenses, net profit...and income. also subtract the possible damages that your computers may incur and their maintenance as this will be subtracted to your net. from there you'll somehow be able to get your ROI or basically the time when everything balances out and you're actually earning..... and ofcourse theres labor, unless youre planning to run it full time...i think you know what i mean..

anyway,..goodluck bro

well im thinking of renting computers, and since im going to college for chwe, i will be able to maintenace the networking and computers myself. really only thing i thought about selling were high caffeine drinks ^_^ =)

Ok, here's some food for thought.

The town that I live in has ~300,000 People here. I have no clue how many people live in your area but her's what's up over here.

There's a place called Surf n Play. I have no clue if it's a huge operation or corporate run company or anything like that. hell I've never even been there. So my info is limited. The reason for this is NetCafe's dropped like flies around here and this place is still going.

Now this is what i kinda sorta know....

They have a bunch of good quality gaming pc's networked up and you have to pay a "cover charge" to get in (the only cover i'm payin is into a nightclub!! hahah) so anyway you pay your cover and I think that you're free to use the computers for surfing the net and playing online games, against other people there (I think it's just games set up on their LAN only. They have tournements and stuff there and I think they sell drinks (I would hope) food, i have no clue about it, but i guess gamer's get hungry too :p

The only thing I could find is a clan website www.clansnp.com they play there i think. It's not alot of info, but maybe this might help you in your journey :)

Good luck!

Hey man, I am 17, live in BC canada and also have thought about the option. I think there are a couple of things to hold you back, that is provincial legislatures, i know its going to be damn hard to find an attractive location and be granted the privelage to actually set up shop there. to find that place cheap will be next to impossible.

Software liscencing will also bite you in the a$$, imagine you want to run windows XP on say 20 boxes, thats a fair bitta cash.

I say plan and plan again. i thinks its a good thing to c ppl like us try to venture such as that

hmm.. well i have thought over and over again, im working in a poultry factory at the momment, 10 hour shifts. nottin much to do but think.

heh i dont plan to buy computers or the software. i plan to rent computers, i remember seeing a company a buck a day computers, those most likely have winxp in it =)

location wise, im gonna start looking into it soon because i want it on the mall property to be honest.

because after the mall closes, the teens have no where to really go since my town is pretty crappy. yes (300,000 population)
the closes next thing to the mall would be a pool hall that has a jitz table, that aswell i plan to have at the net cafe,
2 pool tables, 2 jitz tables. and a token machine. charging cheaper for the games of jitz and pool but the machine will probably only accept toonies and bills.

anyways, the only software i planned to purchase was games like starcraft, warcract, counter-strike ect... whatever is in demand.

i've thought about this a great deal, almost everyday. ive talked with my friends about it and they sugested ideas.

the name sofar i thought of was either Cyber Speed or Cyber High, more likely cyber high atm tho. im opening a bank acocunt today to start saving up to open my venture and im starting my research 7 years early =) so i planned to open it at the age of 25, 2 years after im done college in the computer hardware engineering field.

anyways, for whoever is interested, ill keep ya all posted =)
but for now, what sounds better?

Cyber High
(because i plan to sell high caffeine drinks there, you know, to keep the customers hyper/high so they wont leave ^_^)

or

Cyber Speed
(just meaning fast internet)

You guys got any suggetsions?

and another thing, im looking for a website that shows lists of ISP in ontario canada specifically, and t1, t2, or t3 internet connection and prices.

-thx

ive thought of three good names for your shop:)

Tech-Heaven or Tech-Forums...or even Microbell!:D lol!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom