new toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you would ever need 25GB (blue ray) for a movie baffels me
I sure as crap could use 25gb discs to burn things to instead of 4.7 or atmost 8.4 with dual layers. Heck, I need the 300gb holographic discs really.

Re: Re: new toy!

Chankama said:
But, considering this is a $3000 unit, I am sure it does a good job.

IT SURE DOES! Just watched a movie tonight... with only composite connection, the quality was amazing... and it's a el cheapo dvd player too. I can't wait to see it once we have HD satellite (+DVR) and later on, an HD dvd player. Felt good to unplug the VCR permanently... at least for this TV.

Nubius said:
I sure as crap could use 25gb discs to burn things to instead of 4.7 or atmost 8.4 with dual layers. Heck, I need the 300gb holographic discs really.

Of course I support being able to burn them for storage or having multiple videos (like making a single disk of your TV show DVDs), but I am talking about retail movies, like heading to your local Wal-Mart and buying "Passion of the Christ 2: Crucify This!" on the new special edition blueray.

I mean to buy a single-layered blueray (25GB) already costs 20 bucks for a blank one, and since we already pay 20 bucks for new DVD movies how much will blueray movies cost?

With the added room, you can make the video have higher quality or run at a higher kb/s or something like that.

And blue rays still a developing technology. As time goes on, their price will lower, just like DVDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom