New Member Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: my 872th post!!! (So excited!!!!) :rolleyes:

Silesia said:
Honestly, who really care about OUT POSTING another USER on a forum group.

Seriously, if people are worried about some one out posting another person, then I suggest they get a life.

I kind of agree here. Must voice my point again...
Your opinion DOES matter....but just in the proper fashion. Yea, yea.....so what do posts really matter anyway? right.....I agree. Nothing.....except for self-assurance.....but what I'm trying to aim at here is a little higher. I want people to be aware of other's posts....but also aware of the proper procedures around them. The report tool is the way to go. Not that anarchy did a "bad" thing. He did nothing of the sort. It (the thread) was just carrying on for too long. And clarification was given ..... but not taken seriously. But now it has been given again. Currently, the forum rules do not include this. But, we are working on it. All of the MODs pretty much agree (all of them have not had a chance to answer yet) that there should be a certain protocol and procedure to take when posting against a certain user (why else would the report tool be there?). I want to help get this forum at a balance where people don't really care about the post count. That would be ideal. It would be a place for people to talk.....about technology. Not worry about what other people post. Besides......the MODs job is to worry about that. But to create kind of a family of techies and (maybe non-techies) to accert people in the right direction for problems and or questions and, for the people that stick around......more of a place to help out other members (maybe some short-time members) and maybe eventually....not care about how many times they posted. But, to actually care about the quality and help that they've given. I'll tell you right now.....the number will get you nothing. The quality will get you everything. I personally get a smile on my face when I see "Thanks.......problem fixed!" I don't even think twice to see the person that posted the last solution......Shit.....It was myself a couple times!!! :)
There is a greater good here.......end of speech.....sorry to bore ya! ;)

-Mike

Another thing to add....
I don't get paid here....I'm just......here.....
"Something" brings me back here everyday.....
What do you think that is? Shit......this is even my homepage on a certain machine in my network. I don't think I'm alone....
Man....I'd be willing to bet 10 Canadian dollars on that!
(Man I gotta get rid of this currency......)
I personaly think Emily is another......I don't know why...I just think that she is pumped up about this the way that most of us are. I'd be willing to bet that this is her homepage!
**Plug on the new MOD**
And BTW, you can read her word in the Programmers Lounge!
;)

-Mike

Wow...... I don't know what to say, everyone has made valid points.....

This is not a big deal, people shouldn't loose sleep over post counts and people shouldn't take things at such a personal level.

This forum is a tool to help us attain certain levels of satisfaction when helping a person out.... or from the other end, to receive such help, which in my case I am very grateful when I get it.

As members, yes we should worry about keeping a certain level of integrity in the forums, personally, I prefer a friendly, positive atmosphere, there is enough negativity surrounding all of us, if this were to become such a place, I wouldnÂ’t waste my time here, and I am sure there are many out there that would agree with me!

This whole thread has a very simple answer....

How about we just let the mods do their jobs....

How about we just let the mods do their jobs....

Let me rephrase that for you:

I WANNA BE A MOD!

Quit being a kiss-ass.

Let Holocron say some tough guy comeback and then close this thread, I feel myself flaming up already.

I personaly think Emily is another......I don't know why...I just think that she is pumped up about this the way that most of us are. I'd be willing to bet that this is her homepage!
**Plug on the new MOD**
And BTW, you can read her word in the Programmers Lounge!
Lol... it's almost my homepage. First thing I do in the morning is open my browser and click the TF button. Might as well make it my homepage. :p

Er... why hasn't this thread been closed yet? I read through the whole thing and I can't see what the argument is... :confused:

P.S. Holocron... I think there's a little brown on your nose. ;)

(Just kidding! I've always wanted to use that line on someone and I never get the chance.)

Emily said:
Lol... it's almost my homepage. First thing I do in the morning is open my browser and click the TF button. Might as well make it my homepage. :p

Er... why hasn't this thread been closed yet? I read through the whole thing and I can't see what the argument is... :confused:

P.S. Holocron... I think there's a little brown on your nose. ;)

(Just kidding! I've always wanted to use that line on someone and I never get the chance.)

You can't close this thread Emily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom