New Member Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand your point of view anarchy....thanks for also understanding mine. We are currently devising a "plan of action" for these kinds of post. And a more established procedure and protocol for reporting them to us.

No, I don't think that this is spam at all. In fact let me just change my wording and call it say .... an "uninformative post". That's what I really meant. I somewhat agree with what you are saying. I, personally would like some of these to count. IMHO, these "uninformative posting" users will never have the patience to reach anywhere near Placebo's number. And even if they tried with BS posts, we would catch it LONG before that time. So, until there is some sort of posted policy, please just use the report feature. I can name about 4 hardcore members that are very informative that send us reports all the time. I can only speak of the forums that I MOD, but it helps me out a lot. Others do but it's just usually one report from a member that doesn't stick around for very long and then they hardly ever come back.
If it's becoming a HUGE deal in your eyes, please PM one of us and we will take care of it.

-Mike

....just use the report function.

Out of all the forums I have been registered on, I have never used the report button thing....nor have i ever complained.....i just don't really give a crap, and it's there problem not mine....my post count i couldn't really give a crap about...i just state my opinion a lot of the time (ok, ok more than what i should.......to the point of which it is annoying.....and i hope noone is offended in neway bout this post......if so...delete it......or just say something and i'll delete it)

Edit: This is my 300th post....i just noticed that.....but i don't really care....i just found this forum last month....and i got 300 posts......err...i gotta cut back on the spam...for example...this post

mikesgroovin said:
I totally understand your point of view anarchy....thanks for also understanding mine. We are currently devising a "plan of action" for these kinds of post. And a more established procedure and protocol for reporting them to us.

No, I don't think that this is spam at all. In fact let me just change my wording and call it say .... an "uninformative post". That's what I really meant. I somewhat agree with what you are saying. I, personally would like some of these to count. IMHO, these "uninformative posting" users will never have the patience to reach anywhere near Placebo's number. And even if they tried with BS posts, we would catch it LONG before that time. So, until there is some sort of posted policy, please just use the report feature. I can name about 4 hardcore members that are very informative that send us reports all the time. I can only speak of the forums that I MOD, but it helps me out a lot. Others do but it's just usually one report from a member that doesn't stick around for very long and then they hardly ever come back.
If it's becoming a HUGE deal in your eyes, please PM one of us and we will take care of it.

-Mike

It's really not that big of a deal to me, my idea just got blown out of proportion. I agree with you 100%. I will use the report button if I really have a problem with it. Thanks.

Edit: This is my 300th post....i just noticed that.....but i don't really care....

Lol. Ya you do.:p

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: This is my 300th post....i just noticed that.....but i don't really care....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol. Ya you do.

I did that on purpose....i knew someone was gonna say:

Lol. Ya you do

oops. I've done that before. was close to 300 or something and actually wrote 2 more 1 more! was just curious on what would happen, actually. didn't know that counts were that important, I just do this to waste time at work and many times I dont edit my post because I maybe out in the plant messing with the PLC's (GE Fanuc and Cimplicity/CIMBasic... many probably have not heard of it) that I post quickly if another idea comes up. Guess it depends on time constraints. Anyhow, guess I wont do the 2 more to go! things anymore, heh... really had no idea that the count was that important ;)

which reminds me, never did a new member intro on myself... guess I should go do that! notice.. I edited this time :D

killians45 said:
oops. I've done that before. was close to 300 or something and actually wrote 2 more 1 more! was just curious on what would happen, actually. didn't know that counts were that important, I just do this to waste time at work and many times I dont edit my post because I maybe out in the plant messing with the PLC's (GE Fanuc and Cimplicity/CIMBasic... many probably have not heard of it) that I post quickly if another idea comes up. Guess it depends on time constraints. Anyhow, guess I wont do the 2 more to go! things anymore, heh... really had no idea that the count was that important ;)

which reminds me, never did a new member intro on myself... guess I should go do that! notice.. I edited this time :D

Post count isn't that important.

my 872th post!!! (So excited!!!!) :rolleyes:

MicroBell said:
so if they are posting..to increase the post count...

Honestly, who really care about OUT POSTING another USER on a forum group.

Seriously, if people are worried about some one out posting another person, then I suggest they get a life.

Congratulations, you are officially starting a flame war!

[IMAGINARYpowers]Thread Closed[/IMAGINARYpowers]

anarchy said:
Post count isn't that important.

didnt you originally start this thread due to the fact you were annoyed about people pushing up their post counts?

contradicting yourself there man ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom