New Member Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.
anarchy said:
You want a perfect example of what pisses me off, this:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=112237#post112237

Read all the way down, the last post and read what Skittsizzle says. GRRR!!!

He didn't even read his intro he jus writes, "Welcome!:cool:"

And saying just "Welcome" is spam because???? :confused:

Personally what bothers me is that every time I do make time to come back here half of what I see are more and more posts with vulgarities and posters who can't be bothered to even try to express themselves in a mature, articulate manner.

ravenmadtaoist said:
And saying just "Welcome" is spam because???? :confused:

Personally what bothers me is that every time I do make time to come back here half of what I see are more and more posts with vulgarities and posters who can't be bothered to even try to express themselves in a mature, articulate manner.

Ok, bud, obviously SkitzzDizzle could care less wether or not that new member feels welcome. He is just trying to get his post count up.

anarchy said:
Ok, bud, obviously SkitzzDizzle could care less wether or not that new member feels welcome. He is just trying to get his post count up.

It's pretty obvious to me you missed my point. :beard: That being said...

If someone is daft enough to think that having a large post count in a shorter space of time is "kewl", they'll be moderated soon enough for spamming. If you find something is annoying or offensive, use the report option or pm an admin or mod.. that's what they're there for. This whinning on the boards about it just creates more "spam" and "drama". Any other boards I frequent do not allow threads of moderations or arguements pertaining to moderations or bannings. It's classier, more mature and tends to keep out/down the riff raff. That used to be the policy here (as I recall) Perhaps it should be reinstated.

ravenmadtaoist said:
It's pretty obvious to me you missed my point. :beard: That being said...

If someone is daft enough to think that having a large post count in a shorter space of time is "kewl", they'll be moderated soon enough for spamming.

There are more people on this forum that want a high post count than you think. And can you please stop talking like your so much more intelligent than everyone. I'm not intending to flame(sad I have to put that), but it just sounds like you think that everyone is wrong and your right and you laugh about it.

I grew up with 2 older brothers and I am not one to tattle-tail, trust me.

And if your other boards don't whine like they supposedly do here, than don't view these forums, because the thing I love about these forums is it is 'free speech' for the most part. So if you want to whine about something, you can, and I like that.

Ok, I may have missed the big deal here anarchy...
I don't see anything wrong with Skittsizzle's post. The post claims a little welcome to the forum! Which is great! So what if he/she is getting a higher post count?!? The post means what again????
Just means that you......ummmm.....post a lot. Nothing more. It doesn't mean that after a certain post count you get some sort of physical award. Don't worry about people that post "spam" threads. We will deal with them soon enough...trust me, we keep a pretty good eye on these things. But, a post that just adds to the good of welcoming someone to the forum is not spam. Not by any means necessary.
And, BTW, ravenmadtaoist has been on this forum for a very long time, and if you actually read some of her posts, you would see that....well, she IS very intelligent! Please do not belittle other members by saying that they are trying to act smarter than everyone else. She's doing nothing of the sort.
Anarchy, I, among other MODs appreciate your posts VERY much. You are very smart and you are also very informative. I realize that you are just bringing this to our attention as a potential spam thread, but in the future....just use the report function. Thats what's it's there for.
If you have any further questions or concerns.....PM me or antoher MOD.....don't post a complaint about another member on the thread itself. I'd like to contribute to make TF a little more........well, ravenmadtaoist said it best......"classier". This goal would include the proper method and protocol for reporting potential spam threads, instead of just complaining about them on an actual post.

-Mike

In reading this thread through and through.....I don't really see the point here. Who cares if the post in the New Members Section counts as a post????? It's a WARM welcome to a new member. New Members is what we want!!!! So, give them credit for posting them.....what's the big deal here? The post count doesn't give you immunity status with the FBI......it doesn't give you Top Secret Clearance........so what's the big deal. Personally, I would LOVE to see more members welcoming the newer members!

FYI........
MODs look at these things and read people's posts for potential spam.
First of all, this thread should have been started in the Feedback section....
and Secondly, if you are complaining about a member's spam, then WHY POST MORE SPAM to complain about it?....lol
Please use the report tool.

-Mike

This looks to me like one of those threads that should "evaporate"!

There has been many threads started, then deleted, because a member starts complaining specifically about another member as opposed to suggesting changes. Yes, we all like to cite examples, but when we cite one person many times in a public thread it leads to the conclusion that the thread starter has a personal agenda against the other member. Then, when someone else disagrees, a flame war starts to some degree (maybe not out and out war, but to some extent).

This thread has about the same consistency as one of those that have been done in the past. A simple suggestion that the post count not go up in this forum would have been sufficient.

This would be a good time for this thread to stop.

And for those curious why a certain member was banned, suffice it to say that when one has sufficiently broken enough rules, or even one rule long enough, and has been warned, and that member does not choose to abide by the rules, then they are banned. We do not discuss their situations publicly.

Please read Mike's posts above, and let's move on to something that helps everyone. One might want to read the post "Offending" in my sig.

Dave :D

Ok, I really didn't mean to direct it straight at SkitzzDizzle, I was just making a point.

And I may have missused my words. I really didn't mean to say spam post. New Member Intros isn't the forum I really have a problem with. It's generally growing through out all the forums, it's just the New Member Intros is an easy way for members to gain BS posts. I'm a very short-patience kind of guy and I don't like it when there is like a question and some guy responds," Ya, good question". That sort of thing bothers me. I'm sorry if I am complaining but the reason I like this forum is because you can speak your mind and people listen and give you feedback. This wasn't directed soely at SkitzzDizzle.

I realize post count doesn't give you immunity against the FBI, but it seems more and more new members are just out there to beat Placebo's post count. That is all I was trying to say when I brought this up.

ravenmadtaoist: Didn't mean it like it came out, after reading Mike's post informing me of your intelligence and I used the "View Reader's Posts" of you and you do seem to be intelligent. Sorry.

And I am not posting more spam. If this was in the feedback section, would you think I am spamming still? I didn't use the report button, because, well, it's not spam. It's just annoying in my mind. Sorry for saying what's on my mind.....

Go ahead, close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom