New Member Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Daemon Poster
Maybe I am being a hipocrit for saying this, because I did it once too, but...

Doesn't it bother you when there is a new member, and they post in the "New Member Intros", then like 30 other new members post saying, "Hey, enjoy your stay!" just to get their post count up. For some reason this is pissing me off.

Here is a perfect example:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16933

Like what skitzizzle said. He hasn't been here long enough to be able to say "Enjoy your stay!".

:;pretends to punch the monitor::

MicroBell said:
LOL....Oooooooooooooook Not sure if the post thing is an issue as he has posted some in there...but also throughout the forums as well.

A few of the MOD's have brought up the issue of spam posts...and IMO (Not speaking for Tech-forums) I would love to see a method...which by spam posts works againest a poster, so if they are posting..to increase the post count...we would take post counts away for infractions and delete them.

I will....when I catch it....delete all spam posts by a user if they are posting just to post with bs replys to any questions already posted.

I dunno, it's not really spam posts, it's just people welcoming new members to a place they aren't framiliar with in the first place. It's just annoying.

er am i too new to welcome people, coz i try to do it as often as possible... not for post count (i dont care how many posts I have) just to be friendly like!

I think posts in the New Members Intros shouldn't count for your post count, just to make sure that people don't do it to get their post count up.

Remember Randy? Are you still here dude?

He got a lot of posts through that forum...but he also got plenty in the gamers forums, which somewhat evened it out. I think I get too many posts in this forum (off-topic) anyway...

And HardKore{Killa} got banned? Woah...I predicted that one somehow...:confused:

Why did he get banned?

Anyways.....

Emily: I am willing to bet money the "New Member Intros" section will never get replies if you put a no post count on the forum. In other words, if you don't get posts for that forum, NO ONE will act so "friendly" towards welcoming new members anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom