New job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the job, at least it's decent change. It's a rough place out there right now, very competitive so sometimes you've just got to take what's there--better than nothing and this doesn't seem too terrible. At least they pay you for making you suffer--I know how bad warehouses get in the summer, trust me.

I was making a little more than that building severs and network analyzers but I just quit to concentrate more on school since there are a few classes coming up that are daytime hours only and I need to takem to get my degree. I'm planning on picking up a sweet gig delivering newspapers to dorms for a little while. Only gotta work 2-3 hours per day and it's a few hundred every week--enough to pay basic expenses for a while. Then I've got my opportunity to break into Target Corporate come July. It'll be slim pickings until then but I'll be making the same as you doing uber dry phone support for at least 6 months before the fun stuff starts.

wow, that's some nice change. I was making $10 in my first job, and when I got layed off, I found it again, and they lowered it to $8. So I said forget about it. I'm looking for something at least $10+.

How do you get laid off from being a stripper? You let yourself go or something? :p

Yea...gained maybe 60lbs? Not bad though..

lol...My first job was delivering and connecting computers to school networks. I got laid off, because it was only as a temp for the particular project.

Makes me feel good about my job. Not quite making what SiZco is, but I'm not too far off from it. Most of my tme is spent doing thing s on a computer... updating home locations of parts in the warehouse, updating the min/max of those parts, moving parts in the system (as well as on the floor).

I was elbow-deep in a project of migrating all of the parts out of one section of an aisle in the warehouse so we could move it and set it back up with flow racking (roller tracks the width of the boxes we use, set on a slope so they will roll forward as they are taken out of the rack). I've already done two other sections (fun, fun), but that has been put on hold as we have had some outside consultants come in and look at things and crunch some MAJOR data. They have given management their recommendations of where EVERYTHING in the warehouse needs to be located... around 20,000 different parts, around $21 million in inventory. Once management goes through it and decides how we are going to implement it, guess who gets to do almost all of it? Just in time for summer... oh, joy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom