new forum layout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
gah!

i am apart of 15 forums and everyonce in a while they will change it! i hate it when they do that.

i loved the layout of the old one.

gah! :madd:

Trust me you will like what is coming this is the first of MANY big and important changes.

Another amazing thing about vB4 is posting videos!!! lol. There is a button next to link and img in the tool bar.

It's nice, everything's that little bit easier to read (presumably because 'white bg+black text' contrast better than 'white text+navy bg').

The VERY annoying thing I noticed straight away is that every post now takes up about twice as much screen real estate, since the signatures don't begin until the Join Date/Location/Posts/etc. info in the sidebar ends. On my gramp's 1280x1024 a two-line post takes up about 70-80% of the screen (dependent on sig size, amount of info on the left, etc.). I think it will look much better once I get home and back to 1080p ^_^
That's my only big complaint, all the rest is small stuff to easily adjust to, like the rep button being much smaller and out of the way, also half the signatures look a bit odd since they were designed for a dark background but that's easy enough to change :p
Edit: When tagging posts it says we can give it 5 tags, but when I put 5 tags it complains that's three too many.
Edit2: There's a random post in the What's New page (New Posts with a different name), which it says I don't have access to. http://www.techist.com/forums/f123/article-first-build-help-234736/#post1832132

But enough negativity, thanks to all you admins and mods and cetera for all your hard work ;)

Another amazing thing about vB4 is posting videos!!! lol. There is a button next to link and img in the tool bar.

You could do that from before lol. Im sure i will grow fond of vB4 but i liked the black better. When i loaded the page it was pitch dark in here and i was like oh ****.

I find this new one MUCH easier to read. Much, much, much easier.

I agree. But **** it surprised the eyes a little bit to wake up and while still trying to come out of my coma-like state to hit refresh on TF that I left open from the night before. BLAM - white out. ahhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom