New Earth Like Planet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean given the fact that space is infinite there's got to be life out there somewhere.
The fact that space is infinite? Not quite. Space doesn't have to be infinite. Actually, most of what we know points to the contrary.

Anyway, these findings are fascinating, even if we can't really do anything about it in the present. We can't even "look" at it with any kind of current telescope technology. Earth-like is a relative term: it's (by far) the most Earth-like extrasolar planet we've found to date, but it's quite different from Earth. It's a lot closer to its star, though its temperatures is in similar range because the star is a red dwarf, which gives out a lot less radiation. It's about five times the mass of Earth. It also may be tidally-locked, which would give it a warm side always facing the star and a cold side always facing away from it. No idea effect that would have on any life developing on it.

Imagine the contrasts between life if there is any lol.. you would have 2 extreams... things adapted to living in sunlight all the time and things adapted to living it blackness.

I thought space was not infinite, but continously expanding... And when it contracts the arrow of time will switch around and we will see into the future.

Owell, i probably got mudled up.

I thought the same thing KMAN.. every thing in space is getting farther away from us lol.. but if space is expanding... what is it expanding into???

Or turn the moon into a giant prison... or better yet.. Venus.. It has the same pressure as a depth of 1 km in Earth's oceans, gets hot enough outside to melt Lead, the clouds are made of CO2 and Sulphur Dioxide and there are 350k/h winds.. sound like a fun place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom