new Dell DJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gizmo90 said:
Dell%20DJ.jpg

YES! i got it now....aparently u hav to hav a link wer u click on the pic and it opens a separate window! srry this isn't the pic of the new one! lol

the website that u posted the pic from is hosting that pic rite! i mean....its basically a pic link! is ther a way i can make my computer host an image????

intercodes said:
Host an image? That seems like you have to make your computer a server!

Sign
Intecodes

Which you CAN do by the way, but your computer would have to be on at all times. You COULD upload it to tech-forums from your computer, but it would be posted as an attachment isntead of displayed directly.

Harper said:
Looks interesting. I wonder if they are going to come down here.

I'm still in the market for a MP3 player, but not until March 2005.

At this stage, it's Dell DJ, Apple iPOD or Creative Zen Xtra. Some thing with atleast 20Gb worth of space for music.

Silesia, do your soul a favor and DO NOT buy from Dell!

The Zen or the iPod are fine...I'm personally enjoying my 20 gig iPod right now. Another thing you might want to add to your list for consideration is the Rio Karma. I just like some of the features it has.

Or you COULD get that Cowden iAudio :laughing: ...wow how poorly that's doing in sales. It may be nice, but it's just...the no screen on the main unit factor that seriously kills it. A nice spacious remote just can't seem to redeem the player.

one of my friends just got a iPOD and i admit....they ar nice! although i dont even know if its got a backlit screen??? the dell dj lites up the screen and buttons as soon as u move the lil weel!:D Its a LOT thinner than the DJ......does it even hav a HDD...is it some sort of flash mem or somthan cuz i dont c how they put a hdd in ther! its very nice though!:D:D

gizmo90 said:
one of my friends just got a iPOD and i admit....they ar nice! although i dont even know if its got a backlit screen??? the dell dj lites up the screen and buttons as soon as u move the lil weel!:D Its a LOT thinner than the DJ......does it even hav a HDD...is it some sort of flash mem or somthan cuz i dont c how they put a hdd in ther! its very nice though!:D:D

Yeah it has a backlit screen. It's a nice one too. By the way, you can set the iPod to light up the screen when you move the wheel too...or rather touch the wheel. As with the Dell, that option is conveniently located in the settings.

Yes. It does have an HDD. That was the whole thing with the iPod when it first came out...back then nobody used HDD players because they were huge (basically the only ones were by creative)...then the slick, small (bigger then it is now though), easy to use MP3 player called the iPod came out. It was Mac only at first...it's success invoked numerous requests to make it Windows compatible, and at the same time as they upgraded from 5 gigs to 10, they added Windows compatibility, probably increasing the iPod market by a nicely sized multiple. Not only did they get an HDD in there (flash memory for more then a gigabyte gets really pricey), but a 40 gigabyte one, which is an option not available on the Dell DJ as of now.

yeah...but who uses 40GB of space??? lol thats gotta be 15000 songs or more!!!! :D BTW do iPODS hav games or somthan? cuz da thing i dont understand is that a hav a [15GB] dell dj and it holds 7000 songs....but a [20GB] iPOD holds 5000 songs???? why is it lesss?????

gizmo90 said:
yeah...but who uses 40GB of space??? lol thats gotta be 15000 songs or more!!!! :D BTW do iPODS hav games or somthan? cuz da thing i dont understand is that a hav a [15GB] dell dj and it holds 7000 songs....but a [20GB] iPOD holds 5000 songs???? why is it lesss?????

You have to read the subscripts at the bottom. Dell quotes their capacities with WMA files encoded at 64k. Apple quotes their capacities with AAC at 128k. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom