New car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe C

Golden Master
The Mrs. was driving home from school, taking her normal route which does have a curve in the road, well some as**ole thought he was in a hurry and took the curve going in the opposite direction too fast and lost control of his car, which ended up into our car.
LH2Vajr.jpg

The insurance totaled the car, so now we are considering a newer full size car, maybe an Impala or something like that. Does anyone know of a good reliable full size car in the 20K range?
The Mrs. is o.k., just a couple bruises on her left hand and legs

Last edited:
This may not be exactly what you are thinking but check out the Kia Soul. Seriously. My new company car is a 2016 Soul and I have been pleasantly surprised by it thus far. It is roomy, handles well, gets decent gas mileage, and looks snazzy. The sticker price for mine was 18-something (I picked it up at the dealership with only 2 miles on the odometer ;) ). It's hard to beat the 10 year, 100000 mile warranty as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0262[1].jpg
    IMG_0262[1].jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0263[1].jpg
    IMG_0263[1].jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0264[1].jpg
    IMG_0264[1].jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0266[1].jpg
    IMG_0266[1].jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0265[1].jpg
    IMG_0265[1].jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm a Toyota diehard. Corrola or Camry. My Hybrid Camry has 130,000 miles after 8 years and I haven't had a single problem with it at all in the 8 years I've owned it.

Glad she is ok. Looks like you live in a pretty snowy area. You might want to consider a Subaru Legacy. They have a fantastic AWD system, have decent room all around and get pretty good gas mileage. Subarus also hold their value extremely well. My wife has had one for two years and we love it.

Glad she is ok. Looks like you live in a pretty snowy area. You might want to consider a Subaru Legacy. They have a fantastic AWD system, have decent room all around and get pretty good gas mileage. Subarus also hold their value extremely well. My wife has had one for two years and we love it.
Thanks Omoplata, She's doing o.k. I have a 4w drive Trailblazer, got unexpected freezing rain and then snow....besides, don't matter if some as**ole can't drive. Even if she had the trailblazer, she still would have got hit

Trotter... that's got to be the most ugliest SUV wanna-be I've seen excepting that "Cube" thing I see on the road. Were looking for a car, we already have a SUV.
One of my favorite ad-libs from the local Kia dealer... "I'll cheatcha in a Kia"

We did get a Nissan Altima rental for the time being....seems like a nice ride.

iFragle, is that Corolla a full size car? The 200 was a nice car and we really liked it but it's getting to the point where I want to get in and out easily. We also have 3 grandkids that we'll be hauling from time to time and that 200 just didn't get it...kinda small

Edit:
Checked out some of those Corolla's but can't find one with a 6cyl engine and it'll be a cold day in hell before I get a 4 banger again. I'd like to get something near 300hp or better

Last edited:
Thanks Omoplata, She's doing o.k. I have a 4w drive Trailblazer, got unexpected freezing rain and then snow....besides, don't matter if some as**ole can't drive. Even if she had the trailblazer, she still would have got hit

Trotter... that's got to be the most ugliest SUV wanna-be I've seen excepting that "Cube" thing I see on the road. Were looking for a car, we already have a SUV.
One of my favorite ad-libs from the local Kia dealer... "I'll cheatcha in a Kia"

We did get a Nissan Altima rental for the time being....seems like a nice ride.

iFragle, is that Corolla a full size car? The 200 was a nice car and we really liked it but it's getting to the point where I want to get in and out easily. We also have 3 grandkids that we'll be hauling from time to time and that 200 just didn't get it...kinda small

Edit:
Checked out some of those Corolla's but can't find one with a 6cyl engine and it'll be a cold day in hell before I get a 4 banger again. I'd like to get something near 300hp or better

I only mentioned the AWD because you live in an area with snow, not because it would have allowed her to avoid the accident.

You can get Camrys in 6cyl, but not Corollas. They do make Subaru Legacys in 6cyl, but I can tell you from experience that the 4cyl has plenty of power. I have no issues merging, changing lanes or overtaking on the highway in my wife's car even though I am used to a car with a big turbo in it.

Apologies Trotter if I sounded harsh, It's just that I do not like Kia's...Please do not take it personally.

There usually good about plowing the roads around here, that pic was taken in the towing wreckers lot where they store cars. That's why your seeing so much snow around the car.
We did test drive a Impala tonight, it was a 2015 LTZ version. Had lots and lots of buttons and bells, but that dashboard was more than I liked. I didn't mind all the controls, but it has some kinda funky design across the entire top, and the Mrs. said she couldn't tell where the front of the car was too. It also seemed to have a rougher ride than the Nissan.
We plan on checking out the Camry, and Maxima's too. I've never owned a foriegn car before but they seem to be better than some of the U.S. cars I've had

Last edited:
Gotta +1 the Subie suggestion. An Impreza was one of the better handling cars I've driven in frozen conditions next to a slow *** Geo. Glad to hear she's ok because that looked pretty nasty.

No worries, Joe. I have much thicker skin than that.

I have driven a Nissan for the past three years and will vouch for them. My company still hasn't came and picked up the Versa so I still get to drive it a little. I also had an Altima for a couple of weeks while mine was getting the heater core replaced, darn nice car as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom